//ArrowChat Code

Thread: '86 250sx won't shift into any gear when on or off

--

'86 250sx won't shift into any gear when on or off

I recently picked up a '86 250sx. Got it cheap. Currently it will not shift into any gear while on or off. I took the side cover off and the shift shaft looks good. Couldn't see anything obvious. About to start into the transmission but had some time so I figured I'd check in for any advice. Have the other cover off as well and clutch looks good ( although I really don't believe it to be a clutch issue ) and can't see anything obvious.

gimmeamidget is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    its a common problem on the 250sx and 250es. I dont recall the part but it comes loose or shears off and causes the same shifting issue you mention. Try searching big red shifting isues and there are a few threads that show the parts diagram and the part that fails.

gimmeamidget is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    seems like its under the left cover if my recollection is correct

--
    Look at part #21 on the diagram for the left cover. Part number you are looking for is 24652-HA0-000. hope this helps.

--
    Look at part #21 on the diagram for the left cover. Part number you are looking for is 24652-HA0-000. hope this helps.

--
    I'm having a similar issue. I just picked up a 1985 250SX and it has some problems. It's having a very difficult time shifting at all. I can maybe do one down and 1 up and that's it. It didnt want to shift into anything else. The shift shaft looks really good and nothing is broken on the left side under the crank case cover. I took the right side off and obviously when I took the shift shaft off something fell out on the right side so I'm peicing that back together and the clutch adjustment bolt is completely seized in the cover. I don't want to break anything, but any ideas on how to get that damn thing out??

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //