//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 1982 atc110 issues

--

1982 atc110 issues

I'm going to be looking at a 1982 atc110 to purchase in the near future, are there any issues in particular I should be on the lookout for when checking it out? Thanks in advance.

--
    A couple of the gear change parts in the early 110s could fail, causing shifting issues.

One was the detent 'star', which was later upgraded. The other was the arm with the spring (don't remember the part number just off my head).

If it doesn't shift properly, those may be the issue and I don't think any of those parts are available new OEM, just NOS, and pricier than when still available from Honda.

Either of those parts can fail and it may still shift, just not correctly. It'll have failed shifts and possibly a droopy shift lever that doesn't return properly.

Edit: Frame cracks. The stamped steel frames on the 110 are highly dependent on the engine being a stressed member. When they are ridden with the engine bolts loose, the frames will crack. The frames also crack from adults riding them hard, but loose engine bolts are a huge contributor.
    Last edited by ATC King; 08-05-2022 at 01:37 AM.
    The story of three wheels and a man...

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //