//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Donut Media ATC video

--

Donut Media ATC video

I don't know if you guys have seen this. The rider appears to be deliberately riding the ATC poorly to make it seem more dangerous.
    https://youtu.be/Sg4p-NAKcco

--
    I decided that those guys are idiots two or three years ago and stopped watching them. You're right though, either it's being ridden poorly, running poorly, or just plain never sees the power band.

--
    Yeah, I saw that video and posted a comment. They were goon riding--intentionally riding to make it appear unstable. They didn't even know about the 85/86 250R.
    They should stick with cars.

--
    Complete BS video, I commented on there, calling them out, and seems like my comment was removed. It is not physically possible for a 250R to go that slow, he either didn't know there are more gears after 3rd, or someone installed a governing bolt on the thumb throttle. At the end of the day it is all click bait for them.
    1983 Honda ATC250R
    1983 Honda ATC200E BIG RED (sold)
    1984 Honda ATC200E BIG RED
    1984 Honda ATC200X (sold)
    1985 Honda ATC70 x 2
    1985 Honda ATC250ES BIG RED
    1988 Honda ATC250ES BIG RED
    1995 Honda Frankentrike 50cc 2-stroke
    2001 Honda TRX90
    2004 Honda TRX300EX (sold)
    2008 Honda TRX250TM
    1976 Suzuki RV90M (sold)
    1967 Vespa Primavera 125
    1958 Massey Ferguson 35

--
    Yeah, a fellow enthusiast and I were laughing at them when we watched it. They called an 83 the most powerful ATC ever made, they couldn't surpass 38 mph, they used a model with savagely limited (and definitely in need of a service) suspension travel to demonstrate how it rides, etc. I agree with christph, they should stay in their lane and stick to cars.

--
    The whole thing started because of youth/children's fatalities.

The young dying trend continues today because of irresponsible adults who allow them to ride something that's far too large, powerful, and beyond their skillset. Nothing has changed. There is no shortage of news stories about young people dying in ATV/UTV crashes. Not racing, just recreational riding.

Some numbers directly from the CPSC website, the same group who had a hand in the discontinuation of new trike sales. https://www.cpsc.gov/Safety-Educatio...ATVs-by-State-

The whole 'trikes are dangerous' thing continues to ignore the people who die every year doing something as common as driving to work. The death, suffering, and loss of family and friends that occurs on US highways is absolutely insane and mostly ignored. 30,000-40,000 deaths a year doesn't even include the families destroyed, the people who's lives are forever changed. For the monsters that don't react to the human loss, the millions/billions it cost the US every year is a huge burden.

https://www.nhtsa.gov/press-releases...fic-fatalities

The ignorant pricks who continue to perpetuate trikes as dangerous can get stuffed.
    Last edited by ATC King; 08-21-2022 at 11:40 PM.
    The story of three wheels and a man...

--
    Hey King, I have considered doing a video on this very topic, I 100% agree with you, people wanted a scape-goat for poor parenting, I myself broke my arm jumping a atv at 12 years old, it could have been a lot worse, Thank God it wasn't, I had to walk home 1/2 mile at night, alone with a broken arm, while a friend raced ahead to call for the ambulance. but the ATV was never blamed, we were doing stupid things, and I paid the stupid price (damn yamaha moto4).

I think now with history on our side a case could be made proving the ATC was not inherently any more dangerous than any other type of off-road vehicle. SXS crashes are claiming the lives of many people today, just as atv and dirt bikes . Even with 40 years more technology w/ 4 point harness and cages deaths still happen on SXS. It would be an interesting comparison the first 19 years of SXS production vs the first 19 years ATC production. Even if the numbers are close the protection given on a SXS vs a ATC is 100 fold.

Personally I hold Parenting as the major cause, either by not actively monitoring the children while riding, buying a machine that was to big and or fast for the rider or not enough education/training on how to ride it. I was there and like many of you, we were told to be careful and be home by dinner time. Things happen no parent is going to follow there child every second of the day, we were kids and took risk, that's how I broke my arm, should the key been given to the kid who was 10 while mom and dad were at work, probably not, but BMX accidents sky rocketed when the movie RAD came out and we all thought we could backflip our huffy's. Some accidents are just that, accidents, the results of risk taken.

Mrc.
    mrc_builds on YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmw...confirmation=1

My Addiction
    85 200m "Tallahassee"
    84 200x "SouthPort"
    84 200x "Van Halen"
    84 250r "lucky"
    85 250sx "Enterprise"
    85 350x "The Money Pit"
    85 350x Code Red
    86 250r "Unicorn"
    86 trx250r
    88 Lt250r Suzuki

mrc_builds saves trikes like Jimmy Swaggart saved souls back in the day -said Patriot1

--
    I agree Mr C. I have cracked ribs and I know that I fractured the big toe on my right foot from doing stupid things on trikes. As I've gotten older, I've also learned how to think about what I'm doing while riding. That has cut down the accident numbers down to almost 0. I haven't taught any new riders how to ride for several years, but I came up with what I consider to be a good lesson for them. Before I let them even get on a machine, I tell them that I'm going to give them a test. I tell them that the wrong answer doesn't mean that they can't ride, it's just a test. I ask them what they think is the most important piece of safety gear that they can use. They usually answer "helmet" but I tell them no and I point to my head. I tell them your brain is the most important thing to use. I tell them that all the test was for was to make them think. I feel that if more people taught their kids how to think about what they're doing, there would be fewer accidents.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by MrConcdid View Post
    Hey King, I have considered doing a video on this very topic...

Meh. I think you'd be preaching to the choir. It stands to reason that most of your subscribers are there for the technical content and already understand different machines require different types of operation. A pallet jack and a forklift may have the same basic function, but one requires much more training and respect to operate safely and efficiently.

If you've read through the YT comments on the Donut video, you likely got the sense there isn't any changing the minds of people who lack reason and critical thinking. If the comment section wasn't full of parrots, they'd at least be calling them out on comparing a fully rigid play trike to a fully suspended sport trike by using the vintage video clip. Aslo, in line with yours and 350's post, I've certainly had my trike accidents but the stiches, staples, glue, and screws which have been applied to my body all came from operating vehicles (other than trikes) on public roads.
    Last edited by ATC King; 08-23-2022 at 10:06 PM.
    The story of three wheels and a man...

--
    Just this past weekend I saw 3 small kids with no helmets riding on a huge utility quad. The one driving could barely reach the controls. The same parental stupidity that got 3-wheelers banned is alive and well today.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //