//ArrowChat Code

Thread: I have a 1986 350x.. Need help bringing it back to life after 15 years.

--

I have a 1986 350x.. Need help bringing it back to life after 15 years.

I have a 1986 350x.. Need help bringing it back to life after 15 years.might be a stupid questiion but how do compress the disc brake piston?

--
    The rear? If it has the parking brake it needs adjusted off. But the piston is more than likely stuck in the caliper
    If its on the internet its got to be true they can't put any lie's on the internet

--
    I took off the rear brake and was gettimg all the rust off and i pressed the back brake and it pushed the piston out now i cant get it back in so i can put the brake back on

--
    Will it push out when pushing down on the pedal? And does it have parking brake still on it ? You can take parking brake off with the two bolts to see if that is what’s holding it out. If it’s not holding it out it’s more than likely the piston has some corrosion inside holding it
    If its on the internet its got to be true they can't put any lie's on the internet

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmfj619 View Post
    I took off the rear brake and was gettimg all the rust off and i pressed the back brake and it pushed the piston out now i cant get it back in so i can put the brake back on
    You have to loosen the bleeder nipple or the brake line

It's likely not wanting to go back in because you have air trapped in the caliper that you're going to need to bleed out anyway.

Also get a C-clamp from the hardware store and use that or a bench vice with wood blocks between the steel clamp or vice and the caliper to avoid scratching up the caliper. Your probably not going to be able to push the piston back in with your bare hands

--
    https://www.cyclesrus.net/search-mag...ery=atc%20200x
    These guys can surprise you. Always worth a look.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //