//ArrowChat Code
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Honda ATC 185s

--
    I'm defiantly going to watch some videos on plastic welding. Not sure what all I would need to purchase to get it done. I might even ask a buddy of mine who does paint and body work if he can plastic weld them for me. He did offer to paint the fuel tank for $100 if I decide to go that route.

I ended up just using some JB Weld Steel Stick to cover up the pin holes. I layered up a good section of the area. Found another small pin hole near the petcock as well. Not sure if it will work but I guess time will tell. Was debating if I should still coat the tank with some Por 15 Fuel Tank Liner since I can get it quickly. What do you fellas think?

Thanks for the tip on the mud flaps. I was actually looking at them yesterday thinking if it would be a good idea to remove them.

Here is a pic of after I removed what was there and after I applied two coats of the steel stick. Doesn't look pretty at all but I just need it to work.

--
    I gave my DIY repair some coats of paint and decided to paint the gas cap since it was pitted with rust. Neither one of them looks great but oh wells. Will see how the fuel tank holds up and if it starts to leak down the road.

--
    I want to replace the pull cord in the recoil starter. Would it be best to just order the Honda pull cord or buy some from the local hardware store? Do any of you know the length of the original cord?

--
    Well I finally got it all back together and was able to take it out on a ride around the neighborhood. I was pretty amazed at how fast it goes considering I'm 6'4" and around 200lbs. This machine is pretty fun to cruise around with.

One thing I noticed though and not sure if it's normal was that when I shifted into 5th gear it made a different sound compared to all the other gears. It was like a hissing sound when I would give it gas. Not crazy loud but just enough to notice a difference. When I would let out of the gas it wouldn't make it. Didn't do this in any other of the gears. Any of you guys have an idea what may be going on?

--
    Took the 185s out for a quick ride yesterday around the neighborhood and it was a blast to ride. Just cruising around and got lots of thumb's ups from people out and about. This is my first and only 3 wheeler but I'm pretty hooked on them. On the search for another one now.

--
    They are great machines, ours looks pretty much complete. One upgrade I love on mine is to widen up the rear track by about 4 inches makes it much easier to slide it around corners.

--
    problem with getting 1 three wheeler is you'll have 4 or 5 of them before you know it. And that's really a goof thing. jim
    81 185s
    82 185s with 85 200s motor
    suspended 185s
    85 atc70
    1984 200s
    85 350x 3rd owner
    and a 72 ct70

projects coming along

85 200s
    81 suspended 185s (can't believe I came across 2)
    1982? 185s

--
    I can totally see that. I’m heading out of town today and have already been looking for a good one for sale in that area. Haven’t came across anything that catches my eye yet.

--
    This is just my opinion. As far as a 185s goes, I only want a 1983. The front suspension makes a pretty big difference and I don't want any more without it.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //