//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Help Zinc plating

--

Help Zinc plating

I'm needing a Rear axle clear Zinc plated for a 1984 200X, along with all the hardware for a restoration..I'm in Illinois, anyone that has a good turn around time in the U.S.? Anyone recently had this done?

--
    ZINC platers are all over the US. At work we use some here locally in PA. I honestly would not waste my time redoing a stock 200x axle unless is 100% perfect with splines. Most are not. Before you zinc which will just rust anyway I'd look into an 82R durablue axle. It would be a better investment of money and strength at the same time.

--
    So a 82R axle will bolt right up?

--
    yes same axle just flipped. I just put a 300ex axle in my modified swing arm since I didn't wanna spend $800

https://durablue.com/product/durablu...ab-description

--
    I can't seem to find anyone to Zinc plated an axle for me .. I can get it powder coated, anyone done it before? Like to get it to look right though

--
    I've had axles powder coated. It lasts longer than zinc

--
    A member here recomended Bass plating in Bloomfield, CT roe a while back. My buddy Matt has used them since and has been pretty happy with them. They do all the prep and are reasonably priced.
    Looking for a Bassani silencer for a 2nd gen tecate, the style with the movable mount. 1st gen will work

--
    Quote Originally Posted by honda200x1987 View Post
    I can't seem to find anyone to Zinc plated an axle for me .. I can get it powder coated, anyone done it before? Like to get it to look right though
    PC chips off when you drive, stones, brush, etc. Then the bare spots rust. I won’t do another one in PC.

As was said above, they are all over the place. Google zinc plating, anodizing, commercial plating, galvanizing, chrome, etc plus the nearest major city to you and if the place you call doesn’t have a tank that fits your axle, ask them who does.
    It sucks to get old

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //