//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Red Kote or Caswell Tank Liner

--
    Yep, it's a time eating ordeal. Got to plan a day for it just to have enough alone time with the tank.

There's no easy way to pour out the excess because there's no smooth transitions to the outside of the tank. Other than prep, that's probably the hardest part.

The other deal is air drying it. A very small fan aimed at the filler hole helps. Not right against it, but enough that it'll keep flushing the vapors out. That can speed up curing time quite a bit, otherwise you may still smell vapors even after a week of drying. The temp and humidity certainly change things and just have to deal with that for what it is. Southern weather makes everything more difficult.
    The story of three wheels and a man...

--
    Humidity is pretty high here where I live so might try the fan idea. I'm in no hurry so plan on taking my time on a weekend. I'm debating if it would make things easier for draining if I was to thin the red kote a little with acetone.

f76 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    I've used POR-15 before with poor results. Haven't tried red kote but after reading through the thread, I wouldn't touch it. I've since used caswell tank liner and have had excellent results. It's a much simpler process and the lining is thick. I sealed up a KLT110 gas tank that I had to patch both lower corners with screen door repair patches and JB steel stick. It's been holding for about 4 years with e10 gas in it all the time.
    85 Kawasaki KLT 160
    85 Kawasaki KLT 110
    82 ATC 70
    2000 Scrambler 500

--
    I like Kreem fuel tank liner the best

--
    I have a 1984 TRX 200 the tank was Full of pinholes. I used evaporust, and casewell just followed the instructions on both and now 6yrs later it's still hard and clear as glass and a perfect solution. I've seen old red coat that was a disaster. I can't say if the casewell will survive eternally, but so far so good!

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

--
    I've had success with caswell. Lined the tank on my 185s due to small pin holes in on small area on the bottom of the tank. Used just a dab of JB weld on the outside then lined the inside after vinegar soak and neutralization with baking soda dissolved in water. With any of these liners, it is very important to follow the instructions exactly as written.
    3 Wheels:
    1982 Honda ATC 185s
    1983 Honda ATC 250R
    1984 Yamaha 225DX
    1985 Honda 250SX
    1986 Honda Big Red 250ES

4 Wheels:
    1986 Suzuki LT50
    1987 Honda TRX 250 Fourtrax
    2023 Honda Foreman

--
    Quote Originally Posted by psujeepguy View Post
    With any of these liners, it is very important to follow the instructions exactly as written.

100%

There are several quality products out there but that's the most important part.
    The story of three wheels and a man...

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //