//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Frame Paint

--

Frame Paint

I plan to take my 200ES down to the frame, sandblast the rust off, paint it, and build it back up throughout the winter before next years riding season. My question is, what paint have you guys had luck with for frames? We used Rust-Oleum Hammered Paint on wheels, my diff housing, the axles, and various other parts when I first got it going. It's good for the wheels and other items, but when I had to put jack stands under the rear axle to support it, I found it rubbed off very easily. I had sandblasted those, cleaned, primed, and painted those correctly and still rubbed off with using the jack stands once. I want to possibly try a different kind of paint for the frame job. I'm not looking for a museum paint job on this, just something that's gloss black, looks decent, and will hold up to work and woods riding. Thanks
    Currently Own:
    1985 Honda ATC 125M
    1984 Honda ATC 200ES

--
    Powder coat only

83200e is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Look into the farm implement paints and primers. You’ll need a spray gun to get best results, but they do sell it in spray cans. Home Depot and TSC carry a few different brands. I use the Rustoleum farm and implement enamel.

--
    If you have the option to powder coat it that would be your best option. I had some parts powder coated on my old Harley Davidson and they took years of abuse with no issues.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //