Sent from my motorola one 5G ace using Tapatalk

--
    The end until I find more pics

--
    I need a cigarette..........

Thanks for sharing

--
    Overwhelming just looking at the pics....can't imagine being there in person. I can't truly appreciate what I'm seeing as I'm out of my league with motorcycles in general but I can recognize treasure when I see it. Military pigeon carrier.....wow. Thanks for sharing Doug!
    Trikes
    1970/71 US 90 (Aquarius Blue)
    1970/71 US 90 (Future Project)
    1972/73 US 90 Camo Project (110 Big Bore)
    1972/73 US 90 Green
    1977 ATC 90 w/83 110 motor (Fugly)
    1982 ATC 70
    1983 ATC 70 (Ladybug)
    1973 ATC 70

1965 Marketeer 3 Wheel Golf Cart with 1986 Honda 250 drivetrain

TF 2015

Other
    1983 Honda Z50
    1978 Honda XL75

Feedback http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ck-for-coopool
    http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...k-for-coolpool

--
    The best thing is most of the bikes show a history of riding. They're not a sterile bunch of spit-shined bikes that deep pockets focused their love of the material on. Many of them look like the side hobby of hard working people who prized function over form.
    The story of three wheels and a man...

--
    Dale Walksler, the founder, owned a motorcycle dealership and collected rare bikes. So that's precisely how this all started. He eventually gave up the dealership to keep the collection going and started a museum and then moving it from Illinois to Maggie Valley NC. He passed away from cancer roughly 18 months ago, I believe, and his son Matt who is just as passionate, took over at the helm.

My pics only do the place 60% justice.

EVERY complete bike in this museum, all 350+, RUNS and moves. They are very particular about this fact. He called it "The Museum that runs"..... These are not just display pieces. They go around each day randomly picking bikes to fire up for museum patrons and they started at least 10 bikes the day I was there. That's why everything has a catch pan under each machine. They leak oil and gas. Matt, Andy, or Jake carried around a small can of gas and they put just enough in the tank and fire that mother right up inside the building. Smoke and fumes be damned. Matt rides one around the museum weaving in and out of the crowd of people just for kicks. His dad used to do the same thing when he was alive.

Each of them is very knowledgeable about every machine and are present to answer questions, tell stories, and generally entertain you with the history of these machines. All the employees were so completely awesome, kind, and helpful. I think Matt's mom was the one who directed me where to find the Crocker because they were about to close and I had somehow missed seeing it. I still kept walking past it until I heard her voice asking me if I found it yet. She had come from behind the office and gift shop counter into the museum to make sure I didn't miss it. The personal service was impressive. I'll be back next spring to see it again.

If you love old motorcycles and have $15 to spare (discount for veterans and current military,etc) I guarantee that you will not be disappointed. This is the single greatest thing I have ever attended like this. I've never been to Barber Museum but my friends who have said they like WTT more than Barber.
    Last edited by ironchop; 10-24-2022 at 03:19 PM.

kiser is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    Wow! That's a jag of very cool stuff! I love seeing things as they have been. Most people would restore those bikes, I would not! They tell a far better story with dings and scratches from their life!

--
    Motor Monday from the museum...

https://youtube.com/shorts/ZSlXtFKm0VI?feature=share

This thing here is absolutely beautiful in person. Just an exquisite example of handbuilt excellence. It was built for real men, not today's Safe Space Sissies. Don't burn your ankles off!

https://youtube.com/shorts/7K88Pei_y1k?feature=share

Raffle bike....

https://youtu.be/03tfyPNgGV8

Last edited by ironchop; 11-14-2022 at 11:47 AM.

Scootertrash is offline Just Too Addicted: Protecting Our Community The day begins with 3WW
    --
    Stumbled across this a few days ago. I live for this kind of stuff!!

I envision an old greybeard in greasy, grimy coveralls out in the boneyard scavaging parts off of various machines to put something like this together.

ETA: I read on another site that one of it's TWO transmissions is from a Ford Model A, the other being the original Harley transmission.

Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    Trick the people into thinking they're enacting their own will and you have willing slaves.

Liberalism suspends the intellect of its victims, while at the same time tricking them into believing that they're smarter than everyone else.

If we've done business together, please leave me feedback. Thank You!:

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...t=Scootertrash

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Scootertrash View Post
    Stumbled across this a few days ago. I live for this kind of stuff!!

I envision an old greybeard in greasy, grimy coveralls out in the boneyard scavaging parts off of various machines to put something like this together.

ETA: I read on another site that one of it's TWO transmissions is from a Ford Model A, the other being the original Harley transmission.
    I forgot to post that up. I got pics of it too. That's in a section of a whole bunch of unconventional stuff with Harley motors on them. There was a boat and a snow sled too. I'll try to find those pics

This place is amazing, brother. Get your tail down here and go back with me

1) air compressor
    2) cultivator(?) Or pull rig/ power plow?
    3) sawmill
    4) sawmill
    5) mine engine
    6) really old multi seat snowmobile

Last edited by ironchop; 11-18-2022 at 04:37 PM.

--
    I've got to go see that that place.

Though, the one with the crosscut saw instantly made me think of this...

Intriguing, inventive, pretty, and deadly.

Yes, I've watched the whole thing.
    The story of three wheels and a man...

Arky-X is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    Gotta visit that one. I'm not a motorcycle guy to know the difference between "rare" and "just old" but definitely enjoy learning the history on many of them.
    Visited the Barber museum once and was amazed by that. Comparing the two......Wheels Through Time looks more blue collar which wold fit my style more.

Thanks for sharing!

kiser is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    I'll try to drag a few guys down there in the spring, it looks amazing! I'm a huge fan of the saw bike!!

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //