//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 82 atc 185s rebuilt after years no start (help please)

--

82 atc 185s rebuilt after years no start (help please)

Ok I'msitting for 15+years from my neighbor just about everything was trash on it I had a layer of sludge in the cylinder so I bought a new 223cc cylinder and piston kit it's got 140psi dry no gas I bought a new carb because the insides were dust and unsalvageable I got new ignition coil and got a used stator/exciter that supposed to work It has 206 ohms instead of 245 but I've got a fat blue spark but when I turn it over with a drill(I get tired of pulling starting it) I get nothing if I put my hand over the carb I can get it to back fire every now and then I feel like everything is there I'm sure it in time I've checked it 3 times but still just won't start it seems like gas isn't making it to the cylinder I lapped my valves because one was bent a little but it's sealing great now but the valve were so I tight I backed them off any help would be appreciated new here but I got a 82 185s that has been

--
    Here's a few places to look:
    1) How much did you loosen the valves? Did you loosen them too much?
    2) Those Chinese carbs are usually junk and may not work at all, even right out of the box.
    3) How's your timing? Both cam to crank and the CDI spark generator timing.
    4) Is your choke hooked up and working?
    5) Punctuation REALLY helps make it easier to read/understand what you have written. Please don't run an entire paragraph together into one long sentence.

patriot1 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    That's funny

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 350for350 View Post
    5) Punctuation REALLY helps make it easier to read/understand what you have written. Please don't run an entire paragraph together into one long sentence.
    It's certainly not a bad idea to use Narrator before posting something like that, or at least reading it aloud to oneself.

I used Narrator on it for a quick laugh.
    The story of three wheels and a man...

--
    Sorry it was a 3 am thought
    Anyways I've narrowed it down she will start if I have my blower running at idle in to the carb she will run on till I take it away
    So now I'm kinda lost on what do
    Should I try different jets I have a bag from jetting my shadow I put a #42 slow and a 110 main

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //