//ArrowChat Code

Thread: My 1st 2nd gen 200x

--

My 1st 2nd gen 200x

So I traded a 125cc swapped atc70 for a decent 86 200x. The x runs and shifts smoothly, tires are good and plastics are nice. It doesn’t have OEM fenders or tires, but it’s a rider so that’s fine with me. I’ve ridden a few of them before and really like the 6 speed. I like a 6 speed more in general, it made my xr350 a wonderful bike too! Being only a little 200, power isn’t much but still usable. The biggest issues I have gave are the suspension and missing headlight.

I got the seals and everything to rebuild the front forks, but found the fork tubes to be bent. So I found a set of forks from a 84? (Not sure just know it was a 1st gen x). Hope to use the uppers from the new ones and use them with my original sliders.

Now for the rear shock, its essentially just a pogo stick. Does anyone here rebuild them? It looks like there isn’t any other option without doing extensive modifications.

And lastly the headlight. The whole assembly is missing, but I’d rather not spend 400$ on one. But I prefer how they look with them installed. And I don’t like the looks of led lights on old things, just looks out of place. I’m not concerned about it being bright, I don’t ride at night. Just want one to make it look complete.
    Currently : trx400fw, ct70, 250es,200x, xl80s, 350x, 350x, 225DX, trx300

--
    I have nice OEM headlight assembly with all rubber grommets, powder coated every part and cracked shell. The sell however is sun faded but it can be restore by hand sanding and polishing. I'd sell it. text 717-675-4472 is serious. Its all boxed up and hidden

83-87 200x forks are the same, just color changed from painted to no painted.

patriot1 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Congrats on your 200x! Awesome score! Pics?

--
    Yes they are but if needs forks he can use 1st gen also since they are all 33mm.

--
    Tried to post them, keep giving me error messages. I’ll try again tho.

--
    Try texting to yourself those pics/save them then load those saved pics. Or use tapatalk its a dollar a month-tapatalk works 100% of the time, other way 50%. Loading pics here "used to be easy" but about a yr or two ago that changed so i seldom put pics here anymore-

shep

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Shep1970 View Post
    Try texting to yourself those pics/save them then load those saved pics. Or use tapatalk its a dollar a month-tapatalk works 100% of the time, other way 50%. Loading pics here "used to be easy" but about a yr or two ago that changed so i seldom put pics here anymore-

shep
    I've never paid for Tapatalk and I just loaded a thread of over a hundred pics without an issue.

You have to pick "medium" size for the least problems, in my experience.

If it says "upload failed" keep trying and it will eventually work usually after three or four tries. As of a few months ago, I haven't had those issues on Tapatalk anymore, though. I post from my phone and load the pics off my Android phone, if that makes any difference

Sent from my motorola one 5G ace using Tapatalk

--
    Oh yes and those hundred pictures you posted were great..... reason i joined tapatalk in the first place was to mainly post pics on 3ww it was so much easier than one at a time here if it loaded at all. Taptalk free was were i started but the ADS drove me nutz- i've learned to despise any and all commercials and the dollar each month is worth it in "my" opinion. Damn i'd give utube 20times or a bit more that if it would give me videos with no ads.
    I'll try the medium pic's loading here, thanks- I-phone here.
    Last edited by Shep1970; 11-19-2022 at 08:06 AM.

--

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

--
    Got them to upload. I ended up trying tapatalk, it did the trick. As you can see, she is no show queen, but it’s a 2nd gen, it runs, and it mine. Took me roughly 4 years to find a nice-ish that was attainable. I’ve been searching since before I joined the forum!
    The day after I got it I barely missed another 86. It ran was decent shape and had hondaline headlight guard, speedometer, and a 6 pack rack. Would have been a screaming deal for the $600 asking price. Missed being first in line by about 2 minutes.

patriot1 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Looks awesome!

--

My 1st 2nd gen 200x

Nice-
    I've got shells, not perfect (white blemishes) but would finish off the bike. If you show me that you have or have gotten the rubber straps (guts for headlight i dont care about) wouldn't want to see it zip tied on i'll send u one for cost of shipping + $30 for my drilling time. Open offer for a couple months..... re-made the mold but lost interest in offering these for sale but willing to help out when i can.
    It'd be a few wks before i could drill it anyway.

Last edited by Shep1970; 11-19-2022 at 01:48 PM.

--
    Nice-
    I've got shells, not perfect (white blemishes) but would finish of the bike. If you show me that you have or have gotten the rubber straps (guts for headlight i dont care about) wouldn't want to see it zip tied oni'll send u one for cost of shipping + $30 for my drilling time. Open offer for a couple months..... re-made the mold but lost interest in offering these for sale but willing to help out when i can.

I have none of the headlight stuff. Not even the straps.

--
    Nice-
    I've got shells, not perfect (white blemishes) but would finish off the bike. If you show me that you have or have gotten the rubber straps (guts for headlight i dont care about) wouldn't want to see it zip tied on i'll send u one for cost of shipping + $30 for my drilling time. Open offer for a couple months..... re-made the mold but lost interest in offering these for sale but willing to help out when i can.

I’ve been looking for one of these for my ATC for a long time hehe

1986 ATC 250R
    Ported w/ Cool head
    LED pipe and silencer.
    Boyesen Rad Valve
    Keihin PWK 38mm
    Works Ultra Cross Shock
    LSR +2 Axle
    American Star Racing +4 Swinger
    LED Intake
    Hi-Flite desert seat
    OEM clutch 89 upgrade
    2021 YFZ450Rse Rossier R5 Titanium Header AIS Delete FCI Vortex ECU

--
    Since I’ve had this 200x I’ve done a few things to it. Rebuilt the 83 forks that are on it, new fork boots, did a bit of jetting, was a bit lean. And just cleaned it up. Got some new decals, courtesy of BlueLine Graphics.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //