//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: My last 200x build...Hopefully

--
    I was beginning to wonder where you were going to use that Engine Ice. Then I saw that it's just a kicker hold down.

--
    Man, I think those NOS forks could sell for enough money for you to get a much better front end. If it were me, I'd throw those back in the box and see what I could get for them.
    Looking for a Bassani silencer for a 2nd gen tecate, the style with the movable mount. 1st gen will work

--
    I could but but period correct toys are still drool cool. Who knows what this trike will really turn into. Today i finished cutting up a foot pedalto use...and there will not be any engine linkage bullshit either. I have to order some oilite bronze T-hat bushing yet. When your in no rush cool ideas just pop into one mind.

Stay tuned.
    Last edited by oldskool83; 03-06-2023 at 08:35 PM.

--
    Making a real foot pedal for the 200x. This will solves one of the last issues with 1st gens. I used oilite bronze bushings as my 1st test. My next idea is uhmw. Not finished but you get the idea. It attaches to the lower foot pedal boss, not the upper rear one.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails received_9670812459610847.jpeg  

--
    450R Master cylinder and res mount. Frames is done now. Off for color next week.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 12.jpeg  

patriot1 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Super nice. thanks for the updates.

--
    been busy...maybe this helps someone. I feel it better to fix the machines little problems no one addresses...but hey I'm anal and work in a machine shop too.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 13.jpg   12.jpg   14.jpg   15.jpg   16.jpg  

Footy is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    nice! I have wanted to try a modern mx bike rear mater cylinder which incorporates the reservoir and mc into one piece.
    Put your butt on the inside fender or end up on the ground!

TRX450ER
    ATC250SX
    ATC350X
    ATC110
    ATC185S
    XR100R
    CRF230F
    Raptor 125
    Breeze 125
    Grizzly700

--
    Quote Originally Posted by oldskool83 View Post
    been busy...maybe this helps someone. I feel it better to fix the machines little problems no one addresses...but hey I'm anal and work in a machine shop too.
    Not a fan of the rear master and link geometry. Should be lower and closer to the frame so the pedal tab isn't clocked so far into the range of motion. Unless you have a pedal stop which would be weird, it has a risk of flopping past and the pedal dropping. Time will tell.

--
    I needed to leave room for the chain adjustment system. There is room on the upper pedal peg post to attach a return spring. The kicker and chain adjustment do not leave much room for ideas to move items. The foot petal was going to get a wire attached to frame. However on my laster I run neither the pedal wire strap or a return spring and the master cylinder returns by the spring tension in the 450R master cylinder.

I think this is the 3rd frame I have changed a pedal and master cylinder, each keeps coming up in similar locations. The 200x frame is just too small. If I wanted the pedal on the motor none of this would of been needed.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by oldskool83 View Post
    I needed to leave room for the chain adjustment system. There is room on the upper pedal peg post to attach a return spring. The kicker and chain adjustment do not leave much room for ideas to move items. The foot petal was going to get a wire attached to frame. However on my laster I run neither the pedal wire strap or a return spring and the master cylinder returns by the spring tension in the 450R master cylinder.

I think this is the 3rd frame I have changed a pedal and master cylinder, each keeps coming up in similar locations. The 200x frame is just too small. If I wanted the pedal on the motor none of this would of been needed.
    See folks. He knows what I'm saying because he actually does this stuff. Didn't take offense to a suggestion just explained his method. Exchanging ideas.

I have an aftermarket motor so I had to make a pedal too. My master is in the stock location and it works fine. If it works it works but it definitely doesn't HAVE to be that way. Just hate to see that pedal over rotate dig into the ground and turn into an ankle breaker.

--
    I had one idea to use a lay down master like they do on scrambler 400/500's but the foot pedal would of been so small and needed a boss put on the main frame under the motor. The pedal is the last thing to do on. It's done but I want to triple check once the motor is back in, kicker rebuild etc. Some guys want to retain the full OEM-ness of these toys. I think that's great if its going to sit around. I want to use it and not keep on hoping for nice parts at 40 years old. I had about $8 in new oil-lite bronze bushings.

As long as the travel looks when it was all hooked up I only had 1/4" of pedal play. About the same as most other atvs I have here. The span looks long, however the extension adapter only added 3" It ended up being just a hair longer then banshee / warrior rear master cylinders. I had many here to choose and play with. I stuck with TRX450R since I run all that same stuff and have spare parts for my blaster using it. I am also using the same master cylinder on my TRX200sx I am converting to rear hydraulic disk brakes. I try and allow for tool / maintenance work on the machines also. I didn't just slap something on there, but the more you do something and more people involved the better product and outcome you get. This is why I like the forum better then FB group. The guys in the groups have no thinking or money to even try an idea out. Well some of the big players so but lets face it, most guys are not putting 10 grand into a 200x. Neither am I, Most of my things are build from spares laying around from parting machines out. I just want it to look like a 200x when I am done and fix a bunch of it's oddly designed worn out issues. I've learned to no take offense to anything, no need to start issues / make people mad. Just all work together and learn from each other.

--
    Got my frame back so now by the weekend it will roll.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 12.jpg  

--
    Bit more. I am trying to all chassis related items to clean off the work benches before I open another motor to fix 1 good one. Ordered a new LED headlight to fit the 86R shell. Next step is mount that in the shell.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Resized_20230604_161158.jpeg  
    Last edited by oldskool83; 06-06-2023 at 11:53 AM.

--
    BACK cut kicker gears, ordered correct shims for it and a new xr200 spring.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.jpeg  

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //