//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: My last 200x build...Hopefully

--

My last 200x build...Hopefully

Here it is.

Check it out. I have a NOS 87 200x fork set to use, redid a 350x front rim / hub assembly. 200x +2 swinger. CNC turned carrier for 300ex axle centered, with laser cut extensions to follow the original tube angle (most guys weld this section straight and it looks funny) YZ426F front caliper with dual phenolic pistons, dual row LSR 300ex bearings to fit in the carrier and seals. My homemade design shark fin skid place since I run TRX sprocket guards from DRW. Rear rotor hub is 1985 ATC250R and so is the rotor. I had to just index the caliper to fit on the rotor in a good spot and HRE made me a caliper mount. HRE also welded it the swinger up for me. I did the rest. The sprocket guard I made.

The axle set up took me some time to figure out, however it was not bad once you put your head to it, used math & a digital caliper.
    I did have HRE gusset the front of the frame where they like to break at the bottom motor mount and put in the missing right side frame gusset by foot peg. I supported rob wicks again with this foot pegs. Chain guides...well that's my last name on it and I did a run of 7 on a CNC.

Should turn out cool. Stay tuned for the slow show.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 8.jpg   7.jpg   6.jpg   5.jpg   4.jpg   3.jpg  

2.jpg   9.jpg   10.jpg   11.jpg   12.jpg   13.jpg  

14.jpg   15.jpg   16.jpg   1.jpg  
    Last edited by oldskool83; 11-22-2022 at 04:20 PM.

--
    Looks great, you have the skills to pay the bills, nice work.
    MrC.
    mrc_builds on YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmw...confirmation=1

My Addiction
    85 200m "Tallahassee"
    84 200x "SouthPort"
    84 200x "Van Halen"
    84 250r "lucky"
    85 250sx "Enterprise"
    85 350x "The Money Pit"
    85 350x Code Red
    86 250r "Unicorn"
    86 trx250r
    88 Lt250r Suzuki

mrc_builds saves trikes like Jimmy Swaggart saved souls back in the day -said Patriot1

Footy is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    That should be the meanest cleanest 200X ever!
    Put your butt on the inside fender or end up on the ground!

TRX450ER
    ATC250SX
    ATC350X
    ATC110
    ATC185S
    XR100R
    CRF230F
    Raptor 125
    Breeze 125
    Grizzly700

--
    Nice work Aaron !
    78 atc 90/180cc Dickson Full Suspension
    76 ATC90/180cc Nicholson
    77 atc 90 Dickson Full Suspension
    84 KLT 110/123cc Powroll Racer from 80s
    87 atc 125m stock
    84 atc 200x Curtis Sparks
    84 atc 200x Powroll My race bike from 80's
    83 atc70/108cc Powroll blue Xmas Special
    81 atc185s HP-ATC full suspension

Performance Shop is Open PM me for Service

My Feedback http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ck+shortline10

--
    Bought 2 85 motors...fixed up a front end until all new stainless hardware shows up. Pics to follow

--
    Here's me Hondaline headlight guard that took 2 hours of careful heating and bending to make fit again correctly. These are 1985 triples that I wanted to throw people off with....pull the 86-87 200x style with the black upper tree since I am going to use NOS 87 forks and black boots. Lot of time, but over the last year of buying selling trading I have managed to get everything I need for no cost to me. This is the only way I will build a vintage toy anymore unless I DO NOT pay for it.

End of Day I always hand build my toys, because its all new and i come in right around where the fools are asking for clamped out broken used junk...

Thinking about going Pro-x piston on stock compression so I can run ethanol free 90 I can get locally. All my current machines are running stock motors since I'm just trail riding with a 5yo...not needing high compression or crazy nice fuel. Man stuff last long when it's stock. Accepting it for what it is is the best part!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.jpg   2.jpg  

--
    Keep it going. I feel you on the stock engine. Unless racing or trying to hang with more powerful machines in the open, there's no need beyond stock. Simple, reliable, inexpensive, there's really no downside to a stock engine for basic trail riding.
    The story of three wheels and a man...

--
    I do have a cobra header and I will make my own exhaust off some OEM muffler off some 450F or something that flows pretty nice. I don't need loud I am going over to HRE after work, should come home with the goodies to share.

--
    Nice work! Trying to understand what is going on with your rear sprocket. It must need to be offset, to align with the front sprocket, due to using centered 300EX carrier?
    Red Rider's Sand Machine Updated 07/23/14

--
    Yes I am running the sprocket offset due to the front. Also there is a DRW honda sprocket guard in the mix of the dual spacers. I pulled the NOS 87 200x forks out of the OEM Honda box down from the loft last night. Here is more of the pegasi unicorn
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.jpg   2.jpg   3.jpg  

--
    Quote Originally Posted by oldskool83 View Post
    ... with laser cut extensions to follow the original tube angle (most guys weld this section straight and it looks funny)...
    I agree. Much more aesthetically pleasing, the way you extended yours.
    Red Rider's Sand Machine Updated 07/23/14

--
    DOMINOS Pizza said it best. Failure is an option....well we had a failure, we must learn from it and fix it so it does not happen again. I had ordered my new axle bolt, spacers and tank bolts from ATC-ATD on facebook. I have a bunch of Craig's stuff and its spot on. We talked a bit on my failure issue. I now have confirmation that the 85-86 350X front hub is 16mm narrower then 83-87 200x, 83-84 250r.

This is great. I had a spare 85 350x front wheel set yup and decided to use that due to the smaller bolt pattern if I ever decide to go to 10" front wheel again.

That's where my problem started I didn't realized I had. I will be making Craig drawings to solve this issue as he said I am the 3rd person who had this issue this year. Lucky the fix it easy, however lets document it and give specs back to the builder to offer a kit for the fix. He's bigger than I am. We talked a bit about me NOT coping him out of respect since I also work in a machine shop. I am not here to make money off others who put the time in. It's called Respect. I need to have 8mm extra added per side to the 200x front wheel spacers and two 8mm spacers to move the caliper over to match the rotor. Funny 1 things caused me all these issues.

I hope he will appreciate my work and dedication to fixing this issue for future people. I work too much at work to sit here and try to make money off a few parts anymore. I'm shutting the doors on the 20 years of eBay parting out, spending time with my daughter and working a boat load of overtime at work. I am not poor and free money is just too hard to make anymore these days. I'd rather take all my free parts and build something from them. Little problems happens. Fix it and move on. This could spark something greater in the future if ATC-ATD really blows up. If not I am happy to offer some quick engineering help. Just set me back maybe 2-3 weeks to see this front end ROLL, no big deal.
    Last edited by oldskool83; 12-07-2022 at 08:42 AM.

--
    Spend some time checking things.

350x hub is all kinda offset all over the place.

I need to add 13.75mm to the non brake side of 200x spacer. I need to add 1.5mm to the brake side of 200x spacer. Now wheel is perfectly centered. No the 200x caliper will not mount onto the 350x hub. The offset of the rotor does not allow this to happen unless you remove rotor. 350x rotor studs will bite into the 200x fork. They need 1-1.5mm removed fro them. Still not hatefull. However due to the casting provisions of the 200x forks for the caliper mount that needs milled down. (I stopped at this point) I was not milling a set of NOS forks.

Yes I solved the problem but not going to destroy mint parts that are ever increasingly harder to find. Buy what you need, move on. I ended up giving this information onto ATD-ATC also so he has something to stand on. It's better then just telling someone NO it does not fit...because people will ask WHY does it not fit. Maybe I keep the 350X front hub in-case I run to a 350x again who knows. Honest mistake on my end. I assume 2nd gen 200x and 350x front hub were the same but nope. Honda really mucked this system up lol.

I bought a 86 200X front hub, least my front is is all period correct now. Just need to powder coat and rebuild the hub. Set myself back a few bucks and say 4 weeks...AH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by oldskool83; 12-08-2022 at 10:05 AM.

--
    So I tried to ASK BVC trikes if they could sell my their 250R headlight kit as a DIY since I already had a white shell. At the time they were not selling white shells and I didnt know they were making a headlight kit thats crazy priced for the people who cant think or wrench.

Well I got some stupid rude comments back from them. I am not posting it since I do not want any pissing matches to happen. Well lets put it this way I wanted to sent my shell in if they wouldn't after they told me to just buy another. I tried to stress with photos I already have a white shell here why would I buy another one?! They told me keep it as a spare....

OK another company pissed Big A off...and when that happens I do do something about it now.

Here is my solution to mounting headlight on ANY ATC...and not using over priced $200 40 year old rubber straps we hope are not dry rotted. These are my prototype parts and still not finished. I will be addressing the mounting screws to look like the press in pop pins somehow, either counter bored holes or counter sunk screws.

I have these bored to work on 33mm forks, I could have this done to work on 35mm and 41mm ATC forks....this was all done in a CNC mill. See what happens when you piss me off. Same went for the chain guides. CNC mills are great. Who wants 200x ones?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2.jpeg   1.jpeg  

--
    Back at it.

1980 ATC200 top end parts used for manual decompression
    closer to fixing rear brake pedal / master cylinder area (trx200sx atc200 trx300ex used engineering purposes)
    rear shock all redone & revalved for me
    New engine plugs since all the OEM ones are junk and slotted screw drivers blow

njoy until next time.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 19.jpg   18.jpg   17.jpg   16.jpg   15.jpg   14.jpg  

13.jpg   12.jpg  

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //