//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Swing arm repair

--

Swing arm repair

I was wondering if anyone knows of a service to repair a bent swing arm for a 86 honda 350 x or a replacement swing arm that dont cost a arm and a leg as this is a build in progress,the end were the internal needle bearings are is were you can see it is slightly twisted,i was thinking i could cut the swing arm 4 inches back on that end and buy a doner with the same bearing diameter cut that back the same 4 inches and re weld,the only thing is there are no diagrams with datum points to go off for refrence,will a 250 r swing arm work on the 86 350 x??! anyone wants to chime in please do so i am open for ideas thank you!

--
    350x arms twist because they are not gussested on 85s. 86s is a bit better, for what you will pay to getva stockreplacement..just call Mike at hreatv.com. just get a new one made.

Pick up the phone and call him. Click website for hos number. Been using him nearly 2 decades.

Footy is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by oldskool83 View Post
    350x arms twist because they are not gussested on 85s. 86s is a bit better,
    I would like to see a picture showing the difference between the 85 and 86 350X swingarm. I am not sure which one i have on my 350X.
    Put your butt on the inside fender or end up on the ground!

TRX450ER
    ATC250SX
    ATC350X
    ATC110
    ATC185S
    XR100R
    CRF230F
    Raptor 125
    Breeze 125
    Grizzly700

--
    Thank you,i have been trying the last 2 days and the mailbox is full,is it possible he is closed this week do to exmas??

--
    just need to keep calling, that's how mike rolls. he's never closed. Hes a 1 man shop. best times to call is around 11-12ish. I'll be there tonight again. Go on his website and look at the price...no one else will build you a swinger for what he charges. You can always email but calling is best.

--

Footy is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Thanks. Mine has the 86 style rear brake caliper so i should assume that the gusset is there as well. I will take a look.
    Put your butt on the inside fender or end up on the ground!

TRX450ER
    ATC250SX
    ATC350X
    ATC110
    ATC185S
    XR100R
    CRF230F
    Raptor 125
    Breeze 125
    Grizzly700

--
    its just up front by povit bolts area....its still by no means twist proof.

--
    Straighten it in a press, add some gussets, weld it up...
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    oldskool i finnaly was able to touch base with him tonight and he told me to reply by email and he will send me his adress so thats a start hopeflly he will be able to fix it!

--
    Damm i looked on here a few times and didnt see these just one that looked like a bus ran it over,well this just might be my ticket rather than send mine out with cost to ship both ways not including the labor to fix it this seems more realistic , thank you ! i have done alot of business with this seller to!.

--
    id have to show you were it appears to be twisted,its on the end were the swing arm bolt runs through ,looking at the front of it were the internal needle bearings are one end is lower than the other side ,i guess it wouldnt hurt to try a press maybe with some heat but how would i know if it was perfectly straight since there are know known measurements unless i use a dial indicator with a height gauge maybe? just a thought!

--
    i forgot to mention the guy i bought frame from gave me the swing arm knowing it was twisted after i bought the gas tank and frame he gave me the rear axle and front fender along with swing arm which tracked weird so he replaced it and gave it to me!

--
    Although I'm not too far from you being in MA, this isn't exactly the best time for me to do very much side stuff.

I've had to turn work down for a year or so because it was too hard to get things done with such a small shop; I'm close to being done with an addition on my shop I started a couple months back.

I'm wondering why you'd even want to fix your swingarm? It can't be shipped for less than 25$ each way at this point, then the time someone spends straightening it, that puts you 150$ invested, more/less give or take. I know that used swingers are more money than they use to be but I've picked up a couple of nice ones with carriers in the 200$ range over the past year, and that was with a good carrier, not chewed up, just bearings.

Ebay often has them, but you have to watch closely because when 4 guys need a 350X swingarm, they all bid. Other times no one bids and you can snag one...
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    Just order a new one from mike. stock stuff is getting old and its paper thin. His prices for new is nothing compared to anyone else.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //