//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Swing arm repair

--
    it makes more sense for me to buy a used one since i do powder coating for work we have a huge self reclaiming sand blaster so as far as turning a old arm to new cost me my labor,is there a difference in a 85 arm to a 86, i have a 86 350x frame and there is a few 85s on ebay ,even one thats been lengthed a few inches for cheap money compared to some that are much more!??

--
    thank you for the reply,i do paint and powder coat for work and we have a self reclaiming sand blaster big enough to do truck frames so buying a used one and making it new is worth my time to do so rather buying one new thats not exactly in my budget seeing as though its xmas time and all ,so after further thinking it over you are right it makes more sense to buy a used one,there is one on ebay that has been made longer ,what is the purpose for a longer arm,?? hill climbing or racing maybe?.

--
    were aboughts in mass are you ?? what do you do for work Machine shop?? my good freind has a machine shop he just built at his house,he used to be next door to which was great but he now moved 30 mins from me in goffstown nh!

--
    You have to stay 86. 86 ran a nicer eccentric brake stay plate...85 didn't. Order a new one from mike at hre and be done with it. Your going to case parts and not know what your doing if not cheap out and mix and match. If your not a machinist or don't have both in hand its not doing to be a nice easy bolt on for you.

Mike stuff does not cost a lot. Figure you time and all the time you have been asking us. Order it call it a day. I'd go +1 on length, the stock ones were very short.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //