//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 1986 350x bearing /sterring stem upgrade

--

1986 350x bearing /sterring stem upgrade

so i bought the all balls steering stem bearings upgrade for my 350x and i noticed the top race will not seat flush at the top of the steering cup on the frame,there is roughly 1/8 inch lip exsposed,i measured the thickness of the bearing race and the depth in the neck and it comes out to 1/8 difference so i know it cant go any further,is this correct ?? i cross refrenced the part number on all balls site and i have the correct bearings according to there web site!,i know the bottom race will go all the way in with out any of the race showning from measuring the depth and the race but i have not tryed the bottom yet c!! thank youan some one verify the top should have a lip showing roughly a 1/8 exsposed

--
    i finished the job all is good!

--
    What did you end up doing to fix it?

--
    the race does protrude 1/8 of a inch above the neck,after looking a several you tube videos they were all the same as mine,i 1st thought maybe they gave me the wrong kit but the videos verified my concern and it is all the way to the bottom as i took pair caliper verniers and measured to bottom of neck and thickness of my race and 1/8 difference, baadaa boom baddaa bing!

--
    Can you post up some pics of what your talking about? I am going to buy an all balls kit for my 350x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

--
    im a new member as of few months ago dont think it allows me to post pics but i will look into how this is done!

--
    This is just my opinion but why not just rebuild your steering stem with oem parts if needed. There's nothing wrong with that style bearing it had. If it was worn out remember it lasted 30-35 yrs.....AND most of these bikes were never greased in there since they were built, Made in china "upgrade" all balls i bet dont get half that. Over the last few yrs i've seen so many folks complain about all balls fitment/directions its crazy. I guess i just dont get it....
    Unless the oem races are discontinued? don't know

(yes im grumpy today)

shep
    Last edited by Shep1970; 01-26-2023 at 09:59 AM.

--
    I've told people this for a long time.

The "kit" they give you (fits many models) doesn't tell you much, and some models use the washer, some do not.

The best way I found to use the All Balls/Moose or other kits is to stack up all your old OEM stuff on a flat table and compare it to the new stuff. Because once you press on that lower bearing you can't either add or remove the washer.

That's what has always worked for me.
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //