//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Tecate on BAT (BringaTrillion)

--

Tecate on BAT (BringaTrillion)

Very nice. Wish I had the loot. ATC 250R is sweet, but for me as Kawi guy, these are the ultimate.
    https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...t250-tecate-3/

--
    Considering an ATC200S sold for close to that a year or two ago, the Tecate was a steal.

It certainly seems like trike prices on BAT have cooled off.

I wouldn't be in the market for something as nice as that Tecate anyway. No way I'd want to ride it hard or much at all and I don't have a museum style of shop to display it in. At that price and condition, someone may have made a decent investment if they can store and maintain it at a low cost.
    The story of three wheels and a man...

--
    Just saw the result. Even though it's more than I can justify spending on one trike, I think the sale price is a bit of a disappointment. I think the peanut gallery comments on BaT can motivate bidders so sales go higher, but they can also kink an auction with their negative remarks. I was thinking more like 18K for that one.

--
    I've seen much nicer restorations not sell for $10k on Facebook, to get that much for that machine is a miracle. If you actually zoom in on that machine and look at it long enough you'll find that it has missed matched and un-restored hardware thoughtout the whole thing. Some bolts are painted over suggesting it things weren't even disassembled before paint. The fork lowers don't look good at all. The rims are dinged up and the right rear isn't even round. Not sure what they were trying to do with the VIN numbers but it looks terrible. I know the vin is stamped very shallow and powder or thick paint will completely cover it but this was a very poor attempt to keep it visable. The airbox lid looks like it was spray painted without any prep and the cap on the silencer is bashed in. This isn't a nice restoration, I'm shocked at how many people think it is.
    Looking for a Bassani silencer for a 2nd gen tecate, the style with the movable mount. 1st gen will work

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 86T3 View Post
    I've seen much nicer restorations not sell for $10k on Facebook, to get that much for that machine is a miracle. If you actually zoom in on that machine and look at it long enough you'll find that it has missed matched and un-restored hardware thoughtout the whole thing. Some bolts are painted over suggesting it things weren't even disassembled before paint. The fork lowers don't look good at all. The rims are dinged up and the right rear isn't even round. Not sure what they were trying to do with the VIN numbers but it looks terrible. I know the vin is stamped very shallow and powder or thick paint will completely cover it but this was a very poor attempt to keep it visable. The airbox lid looks like it was spray painted without any prep and the cap on the silencer is bashed in. This isn't a nice restoration, I'm shocked at how many people think it is.
    There was a handful of bikes that went through Mecum in Kissimmee this year the same way. A Tecate 4 I'd call a nice rider quality bike got 11k, a nice but not immaculate 350x got 16k. Neither were showroom correct. It was interesting to see those bring what they did then a couple pretty nice Banshees sell for normal if not the low end of used Banshee prices, guy could've gotten more for them on OfferUp or marketplace here.

Perfect example of why auctions are not a good price guide, all it takes is two drunk guys throwing out numbers at an auction or clicking bid on BaT to get crazy money.
    Hoarder of the finest junk

'82 YT175
    '83 YTM200
    '85 KLT110
    '86 Moto 4 225
    '84 TRX200 trike conversion.
    '87 Tecate 4
    Lots of vintage and not so vintage two wheeled stuff.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //