//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Options for a 300r head?

gimmeamidget is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --

Options for a 300r head?

I am having a difficult time locating a head for a Hondaline 300r kit at a reasonable price. Is there any other options that fit?? The air cooled cr480 heads look similar. Any help is appreciated.

--
    I assume you're checking ebay? Try air cooled 250R facebook groups. I regularly see 300R kits and parts on there.

--
    FB pages might be of help. Ethan Bennet or John Robertson have fooler parts. Also if you have a shop local you could find a pitted head that could be redomed

--
    Get a 350 Pilot head or a cr 480 head and have it redomed to fit with your piston size.A few guys have done it.I think OlDeuce did a 480 head for someone a few years ago.
    250r rules

gimmeamidget is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    I don’t know how to Facebook but I will look into a fl350 head. Thanks for the help guys!

--
    You will need a 300 honda line head all others are 6 studs. They come up for sale way more often than the cylinders . last one I sold was $200 which is about the going rate give or take. 81-82 and 83-84 are differant fins, 2nd gen ones are shorter to clear the pipe. either will work on a first gen but only short on the 2nd.
    Rebuilding and riding trikes everyday and lovin every minute.

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...light=pipeline

--
    Quote Originally Posted by pipeline triker View Post
    You will need a 300 honda line head all others are 6 studs. They come up for sale way more often than the cylinders . last one I sold was $200 which is about the going rate give or take. 81-82 and 83-84 are differant fins, 2nd gen ones are shorter to clear the pipe. either will work on a first gen but only short on the 2nd.
    CR 450/480 and FL350 ARE 7 stud cylinders/heads. Not 6.

--
    Fl350 head is 7 stud and bolts right on. I haven’t put in bike yet and may have some small clearance issues but seems to work well otherwise. Thanks for the help guys!

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //