//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 85 200x Kick start issues after kit

--

85 200x Kick start issues after kit

Hello all,

I have a 1985 honda atc 200x that has the well known slipping kick starter issue.

I was able to track down one of the kits that replaces the two starter gears & spring. After replacing all three items and getting the engine all back together it is still constantly slipping.

It slips bad enough i have extreme trouble getting it started. The kick lever usually moves about halfway down before it seems to engage & can be lowered that far very easily. Maybe with one finger. My foot usually hits the ground when completing the kick.

Any ideas? Thank y'all for the help

--
    Did you take any pictures of the new vs old gears? side by side maybe?
    I would be interested to see the differences, also could the spring not be seated correctly? therefore not meshing the gears firmly enough?
    I have replaced the spring only in my 84, It did not help.

Thanks
    mrc_builds on YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmw...confirmation=1

My Addiction
    85 200m "Tallahassee"
    84 200x "SouthPort"
    84 200x "Van Halen"
    84 250r "lucky"
    85 250sx "Enterprise"
    85 350x "The Money Pit"
    85 350x Code Red
    86 250r "Unicorn"
    86 trx250r
    88 Lt250r Suzuki

mrc_builds saves trikes like Jimmy Swaggart saved souls back in the day -said Patriot1

--
    gotta back cut gears, use a spacer, use a heavy duty washer. buying and over paying for a kit now days is over. the higher the compression motor the more you see this. Ive seen it on XR200's also.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by oldskool83 View Post
    gotta back cut gears, use a spacer, use a heavy duty washer. buying and over paying for a kit now days is over. the higher the compression motor the more you see this. Ive seen it on XR200's also.

I think your problem is the 2 outer gears that the kick lever goes to is installed wrong. They are the 2 gears under the small outer cover that the shaft comes thru. They are 2 small dimples that lines up. I think they are some videos showing had its done. I back cut my gears and installed a stronger spring and never had anymore problems until i sold it, Mine was a 84.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //