//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 85 200x Kick start issues after kit

--

85 200x Kick start issues after kit

Hello all,

I have a 1985 honda atc 200x that has the well known slipping kick starter issue.

I was able to track down one of the kits that replaces the two starter gears & spring. After replacing all three items and getting the engine all back together it is still constantly slipping.

It slips bad enough i have extreme trouble getting it started. The kick lever usually moves about halfway down before it seems to engage & can be lowered that far very easily. Maybe with one finger. My foot usually hits the ground when completing the kick.

Any ideas? Thank y'all for the help

--
    you need to back cut the gears, if not it way just a waste of time and money. take it back appart, back cut gears, add a spacer shim the thickness that the back cutting takes up and add a heavy duty spring out of mcmcaster carr. This is ever 200x's down fall along with other areas.

--
    Thank you for the advice. This applies even when i have just installed the Honda Repair kit with the stronger spring? It also included the brand new 2 ratching gears needed. It seems to be another problem causing the slipping as these parts are all brand new?
    Last edited by Jknight; 02-22-2023 at 11:10 AM.

--
    Some thing isn’t installed correctly . With all new parts it shouldn’t be slipping . The spring isn’t engaging on the gears correctly .
    If you have to go half way down Just for it to start to grab something isn’t right , shim is off , alignment pins off or possibly the shaft is worn out .
    78 atc 90/180cc Dickson Full Suspension
    76 ATC90/180cc Nicholson
    77 atc 90 Dickson Full Suspension
    84 KLT 110/123cc Powroll Racer from 80s
    87 atc 125m stock
    84 atc 200x Curtis Sparks
    84 atc 200x Powroll My race bike from 80's
    83 atc70/108cc Powroll blue Xmas Special
    81 atc185s HP-ATC full suspension

Performance Shop is Open PM me for Service

My Feedback http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ck+shortline10

--
    Thank you for the advice. I hate to pull the engine again but i figured this might be the problem.

Thanks again!

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //