//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 1985 ATC 110. Fresh rebuild

--

1985 ATC 110. Fresh rebuild

Good afternoon guys, new here. I’ve done a lot of research (I think) and I’m stuck. I just rebuilt the top end of my 110. The reason for the rebuild was low compression but also a rough idol. I have everything back together at this point new carb new piston new cylinder head, and for some reason this thing still idles like it’s a 2 stroke and smokes like one. This has the cdi on it and I have moved that around thinking that was the problem. I’ve gone as far as dumping the gas out and starting with fresh gas. Any advice will be greatly appreciated. I’ve used this website for reference for my build.

Thanks

Cody

--
    https://youtube.com/shorts/JXONO7CV2Uk?feature=share

This is not my machine but exactly what it sounds like. Hope this helps someone to give me some pointers

--
    New aftermarket carburetor ?
    IMO the aftermarket carburetors are junk .
    78 atc 90/180cc Dickson Full Suspension
    76 ATC90/180cc Nicholson
    77 atc 90 Dickson Full Suspension
    84 KLT 110/123cc Powroll Racer from 80s
    87 atc 125m stock
    84 atc 200x Curtis Sparks
    84 atc 200x Powroll My race bike from 80's
    83 atc70/108cc Powroll blue Xmas Special
    81 atc185s HP-ATC full suspension

Performance Shop is Open PM me for Service

My Feedback http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ck+shortline10

--
    Yes it’s an aftermarket one. I got the machine with an aftermarket one on it and just got the same one to replace it with.

--
    And would the carb cause it to run like that along with smoke from the exhaust?

--
    Not done a ATC 110 motor but have done my share of CT 90 motors and they are very similar, what was your timing chain like when took things apart did it have a lot of play were the sprockets worn? When putting thing back together is there a chance the timing chain is out of position by a tooth? The valves could be out of sync with the ignition.

--
    Everything appeared to look normal when it was all apart. And when I put it back together all the timing marks were perfectly aligned. I used TDC for the cam and chain alignment and then the F for the CDI

--
    Did someone put a horse you-know-what cam in the engine like in the video?

--
    I had no idea the video said that. ��. My apologies. But that is exactly how my machine sounds.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //