//ArrowChat Code

Thread: V tires on ATC

207wheelin is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --

V tires on ATC

Anyone ever tried the v bar style tractor tire on an ATC.
    I picked up a set of cheap ATC tires at Tractor Supply and they had a set of v bar tires for a good price. .Maybe they'd just be good for around the farm?
    ✌207

--
    I run Carlisle at101 zero turn tires in my blaster. This way I can hill climb and trail ride. Zero turn mover tires are great in all types of terrain

--
    Yep, I've used them.

Heavy and very rough riding.

If you want something that'll really go in mud, is very puncture resistant, and is still rideable even if flat, then they're the tires you want.

For slow speed machines in muddy conditions, the basic chevron tread design is very hard to beat.

No way I'd consider them for trail use.

The Carlisle AT101 is more like the old Goodyear Rawhide IIIs, with the rounded shoulders and shorter bars. I'm guessing what your looking at is the Super Lug, or some import that's like it. Those have full on tall bars and all the way out to the edge, like an agricultural tire.
    Last edited by ATC King; 03-12-2023 at 09:50 PM.
    The story of three wheels and a man...

207wheelin is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    I kind of figured they'd be heavy and ride rough. Guess I'll pass. If I had one machine that I wanted to use only on the homestead I'd try it. Looking at their website today the price went back up. At 100 bucks I'm not interested. They were $25. I ended up getting two Hi Run 22 11 8 tires for my daughters 200s for just over 50 bucks for the pair. Pretty happy with em. Mounted them without to much trouble. They work great in the snow and mud. We have plenty of that right now. Took a rip on our homestead trails today.

ATC king you recommended Front Max tires for us last year and I was thinking today of how well they have worked and held up. All our machines are sporting them now! Thanks again Man!

Won't be long and we'll be riding. My youngest daughter will get her own ride this year. I'm getting my 185S ready for her. New tires, brakes. Looking forward to getting out there in the hot summer sun. I'll try and stop long enough to share some pics.
    ✌207

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 207wheelin View Post
    ATC king you recommended Front Max tires for us last year and I was thinking today of how well they have worked and held up. All our machines are sporting them now! Thanks again Man!
    I'm glad that tire worked out for you. Thanks.

I bought a couple more of those to get the other trikes sporting one up front. They'll be the only front tire I use from now until they're no longer available or I can't ride anymore.

The 22x11x8 size has been a bit difficult to find in stock recently. Chaparral has them though.
    The story of three wheels and a man...

--
    Kenda has made the front max since 1987. I saved some old ads from dirt wheels magazines and the front max was available but only in 22x11x8. Chaparral sold them for $52.95 in 1987.
    I hope the don't stop making the 22x11-8 max. Only negative I have had with them is that I have to put an inner tube in it because of my wheels.

--
    I’ve heard rumors of the front max no longer being produced in the 22-11-8. But I can’t say if it’s 100% true. I have a front max on my 350x (23.5-8-11) and like how it performs, it much better than the 24-8-11 carlisle trail hawk I’ve tried.

As for v bars, the old good years rawhide 3s were great, albeit a rougher ride. I feel like the Carlisle’s are as close all you can get anymore. I’ve been searching high and low for a pair of rawhide 3s for my big red, but they have been out of production for 15+ years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Currently : trx400fw, ct70, 250es,200x, xl80s, 350x, 350x, 225DX, trx300

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //