//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Sending off for work.

--

Sending off for work.

Good morning all,
    Was wondering if there was anything I could do to make my bike unrideable while it's out getting worked on? I need to have the counterbalancer and waterpump and associated bearings replaced but don't want anybody riding it. What would you do to make your ride unrideable while they got it? Thanks

--
    You could take the chain and front sprocket off.

Maybe the bigger issue is finding a mechanic you trust not to joy ride it. The engine will need to be ran after those repairs to make sure everything's in operating order and there's no leaks.

If I had a nice sport trike, I'd try to find proper insurance for it to cover things like theft and vandalism/damage at it's true market value. It is a vintage/classic/antique vehicle, whatever banner it can be insured under.
    The story of three wheels and a man...

--
    Quote Originally Posted by ATC King View Post
    You could take the chain and front sprocket off.

Maybe the bigger issue is finding a mechanic you trust not to joy ride it. The engine will need to be ran after those repairs to make sure everything's in operating order and there's no leaks.

If I had a nice sport trike, I'd try to find proper insurance for it to cover things like theft and vandalism/damage at it's true market value. It is a vintage/classic/antique vehicle, whatever banner it can be insured under.
    Thanks. Yeah thats what I don't want them doing. Everybody wants to ride these things and I honestly don't trust anybody with it. It's not their's they don't care. I was thinking if I have room to put a cable or chain through the rear rotor.

--
    For sure. Trikes are tempting and idiots plentiful. It's easier to replace a tooth than rare trike parts.

They'll need to at least be able to roll it around, so a cable or disk lock isn't a good option.
    The story of three wheels and a man...

--
    You could remove the parts yourself and drop them off at the shop. But once you've gone that far, you might as well complete the work yourself.
    Red Rider's Sand Machine Updated 07/23/14

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //