//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Knock Offs not as advertised!

--

Knock Offs not as advertised!

Recently purchased a neglected 200X (1984) to restore. Excited when I saw all these listings on Ebay, Amazon and actual motorsport retailers for rear calipers that state "exact fit for ATC200X, 350X, etc."

Got one only to find out that there ARE differences and it IS NOT and exact match...which caused much frustration. The major difference is the location of the bleeder valve to the banjo fitting. On an OEM caliper, the bleeder nut is located to the aft of the banjo fitting connection making connecting brake line easy and access to bleed also easy. However, these knock offs have the bleed valve adjacent to the banjo fitting connection. Once hooked up, the banjo fitting is SNUG against the bleeder valve making it almost impossible to open / close. And if you do, most likely you'll round off the nut.

Then, there's these "universal" fit rear master cylinders. With some jury rigging you may get them to work but they're not great. Low quality. Whatta ya expect for like $20.

Anyway, just wanted to say "buyer beware and be prepared" if you have to go this route to get your ATC running. Sometimes it's best to pay the crazy cost on Ebay for an OEM and repair / rebuild it than getting the cheap stuff.

Good luck

--
    This is why you do not buy knock offs lol. Too many people get caught up in a cheap part and it does not work. I buy atv parts and have them fabbed on. OEM name brand only brah

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Three Cubed View Post
    Recently purchased a neglected 200X (1984) to restore. Excited when I saw all these listings on Ebay, Amazon and actual motorsport retailers for rear calipers that state "exact fit for ATC200X, 350X, etc."

Got one only to find out that there ARE differences and it IS NOT and exact match...which caused much frustration. The major difference is the location of the bleeder valve to the banjo fitting. On an OEM caliper, the bleeder nut is located to the aft of the banjo fitting connection making connecting brake line easy and access to bleed also easy. However, these knock offs have the bleed valve adjacent to the banjo fitting connection. Once hooked up, the banjo fitting is SNUG against the bleeder valve making it almost impossible to open / close. And if you do, most likely you'll round off the nut.

Then, there's these "universal" fit rear master cylinders. With some jury rigging you may get them to work but they're not great. Low quality. Whatta ya expect for like $20.

Anyway, just wanted to say "buyer beware and be prepared" if you have to go this route to get your ATC running. Sometimes it's best to pay the crazy cost on Ebay for an OEM and repair / rebuild it than getting the cheap stuff.

Good luck
    Just put a Used cr80 front caliper on the rear. Nissin, OEM quality. Done.

--
    Now that's a good suggestion! Appreciate it.

--
    I was trying to sell a 86/87 200x intake locally and someone reply that ebay sells the 200x intake for 10 bucks
    the ads say 185s, 200s, 200x. I wondered what the ebay intake actually fits. jim
    81 185s
    82 185s with 85 200s motor
    suspended 185s
    85 atc70
    1984 200s
    85 350x 3rd owner
    and a 72 ct70

projects coming along

85 200s
    81 suspended 185s (can't believe I came across 2)
    1982? 185s

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //