Greetings everybody, I am a new member to the 3WW group and still learning my ways around the page! Finally figured out how to create a post regarding my latest ATC build (and my reason for creating the account). Im not sure how much attention something like this is going to grab. However following this brief introductory, I will follow up with more photos, more information about the build, and answering any questions that may pop up along the way.

I dreamt of the ATC150R when I was about 18 or 19, I had just picked up a decent 1986 ATC125M after freshly falling in love with my best friends beautiful, and practically all original ‘84 200s. (having no idea of the rarity of the 125M that I found on Facebook) I spent countless hours on the second gen 125, learning to push its limits more and more each day. (They do pretty well when you’re only 5’6” and 135lbs)

After I had squeezed every ounce of fun out of the 125M motor, riding it all over trail systems of Maryland, West Virginia and Pennsylvania, I had realized it was time for an upgrade. Keeping up with that 200s had rendered my poor 125 motor tired. I sold a couple of projects and used the funds to bring to life, the ATC150R.

With a couple thousand dollars, a Harbor Freight Welder and an itch to always be on Marketplace, I bought a non running CRF150R motor off Facebook, and shipped it in to begin the custom mount fabrication. From day 1, I knew that although I was bringing this trike into the 21st century with its new power plant, I wanted to keep it as original as I could. I wanted it to be a Resto-Mod, and continue to show off its 1986 character.

The project began January 2023, and I have been giving it my spare attention as often as I can for the last 3 1/2 months. There is still a long list of work ahead of me, but I finally feel as though Ive hit a benchmark to share with the community. The motor is just about fully mounted in, the cables and wiring are routed proper, the front and rear sprockets are aligned, I have a proper vertical head angle for ideal oil flow across the valves and cam, the intake manifold and crank vent routing is 70% finished, the exhaust routing is 85% finished. Unless I can locate a proper second gen ATC125 rear clip, I am planning on borrowing the rear clip off of a TRX and welding in some brackets so I can bolt the clip directly to the subframe, as the original clip had been abused. The Trike is also outfitted with TRX450 hubs and rims, A crf450 front mount radiator (subject to change in the future if cooling issues occur) and Yz250 foot pegs.

Currently the motor is disassembled, and I am awaiting on a new camshaft to be the last piece of the puzzle for me to fire it up and tune it. After I have it running, I plan on modifying the original axle stop/chain tension to hold up to the 23hp and ~11 ft/lbs of torque. From there, I can send out the OG ATC rear sprocket to have a new one made in it’s exact dimensions, except changing the tooth drive to a 420. Patiently awaiting that day, as from there I can take my first test rides on the death trap that I have created, and make further revisions as I begin to experiment more.

Thank you for taking the time to check out my post, Feel free to leave any questions, comments, or concerns! I will attach a few photos taken over the last couple of months below, more content can be found via instagram @Tyler.Jones01.

EDIT: I am currently unable to upload any photos during the making of this post, I will have to try logging onto a desktop, or connecting to better wifi to try to upload the photos, unless my account does not have full access at this time. Will troubleshoot that ASAP.