//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 85 250 Big Red choke lever question.

Scootertrash is offline Just Too Addicted: Protecting Our Community The day begins with 3WW
    --

85 250 Big Red choke lever question.

I have an 85 250 BR here that the enrichener lever won't stay in the open position. If I take my thumb off of it it goes back to the closed position. Is there a way to tighten something up to stop this from happening?

I see nothing on the switch housing that would snug things up. I haven't torn into it yet, so I'm not sure if there is something on the carb that will do the job.

TIA
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    Trick the people into thinking they're enacting their own will and you have willing slaves.

Liberalism suspends the intellect of its victims, while at the same time tricking them into believing that they're smarter than everyone else.

If we've done business together, please leave me feedback. Thank You!:

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...t=Scootertrash

--
    Is the cable clipped into the handle bar housing correctly? How is the cable routing? Both of those have caused that issue for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Currently : trx400fw, ct70, 250es,200x, xl80s, 350x, 350x, 225DX, trx300

Scootertrash is offline Just Too Addicted: Protecting Our Community The day begins with 3WW
    --
    No clip for the cable on the handle bar housing. I'll be tearing into sometime in the next couple days. I have other plans for this machine I need to complete first. All depends, I may dig in sooner.

I worked on this machine about 10 years ago, but I don't remember how everything went together. I DO know that it was working fine when it left here last time.
    Trick the people into thinking they're enacting their own will and you have willing slaves.

Liberalism suspends the intellect of its victims, while at the same time tricking them into believing that they're smarter than everyone else.

--
    Is it an aftermarket cable? Is your problem that the cable defaults to the choked or unchoked position?

--
    Quote Originally Posted by SoFarKingSlow View Post
    Is it an aftermarket cable? Is your problem that the cable defaults to the choked or unchoked position?
    To be technically correct, it's an enrichener, not a choke. To use your vernacular it defaults to the unchoked (unenrichened) position.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Scootertrash View Post
    To be technically correct, it's an enrichener, not a choke. To use your vernacular it defaults to the unchoked (unenrichened) position.
    Scooter a lot of Honda enricheners are adjusted at the mount for holding tension. Ive never had a 250es So I cant say for sure thats how it works.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //