//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 85 250es lost spark

--

85 250es lost spark

Last time I had my 85 big red out it lost spark while riding. Didn’t sputter for anything, just died abruptly.
    I’ve tried unplugging key switch, kill switch, checked neutral safety, tried a good cdi box, new coil, plug , and plug cap. All my grounds are good any checked all wires for corrosion.

I’m thinking my stator may have died. I have a late model 85, built 3/85. I know Honda used two different stators in 85, which style do I need?

And will one from a trx250 work? I have one 85 and one 87 parts engines from trx250s. I know the different years had different crankshaft sizes, so I’m not sure about the flywheel fitting.

I’m at wits end trying to figure it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Currently : trx400fw, ct70, 250es,200x, xl80s, 350x, 350x, 225DX, trx300

Scootertrash is offline Just Too Addicted: Protecting Our Community The day begins with 3WW
    --
    Do you have a manual so you can test the stator? That would be my first step. Guessing at electrical problems just result in throwing out a lot of money, a lot of times for nothing.

ETA: Here's a link to ATC Manuals:

http://www.oscarmayer.net/atc/manuals/

Download the manual for your machine.

Run thru the troubleshooting chart-DONT' SKIP ANY STEPS!- You should be able to figure it out from there.
    Last edited by Scootertrash; 04-13-2023 at 10:02 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    Trick the people into thinking they're enacting their own will and you have willing slaves.

Liberalism suspends the intellect of its victims, while at the same time tricking them into believing that they're smarter than everyone else.

If we've done business together, please leave me feedback. Thank You!:

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...t=Scootertrash

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //