//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 2003 KTM 250sx to trike

--

2003 KTM 250sx to trike

has anyone ever converted a ktm 250sx dirtbike into a trike?

--
    Quote Originally Posted by captjanes View Post
    has anyone ever converted a ktm 250sx dirtbike into a trike?
    Yes. Why are you asking?

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Shad Owe View Post
    Yes. Why are you asking?
    Because I own a 2003 KTM 250sx and I was wondering how to go about converting her to a trike.

--
    Because I own a 2003 KTM 250sx and I was wondering how to go about converting her to a trike.
    It's not really something that's explained remotely through a computer. Kinda one of those things where if you have to ask you probably shouldnt get into it. People who end up with good conversions already know what the process is and people who do it for a living dont really have time or want to explain the details which is what you really need to finish one.

--
    There are many kits designed for turning dirt bikes into trikes. I’ve never ridden one but have heard mixed opinions about them, mostly due to the handling. A dirt bikes chassis is designed to be a motorcycle, a trike is designed to be a trike. Much of the difference is in the chassis geometry.

That said, check out BVC trikes or DT Motorsports. They both are in the business of trike conversions. TPC is another, but I haven’t heard anything from them in a long time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Currently : trx400fw, ct70, 250es,200x, xl80s, 350x, 350x, 225DX, trx300

--
    BVC will charge you 500 bucks to answer the phone. They charge like $25k for a complete bike that can be built for about 5k. Rich man's boutique. Most people buy the kit buy the bike then end up selling them unassembled.

DT doesnt understand geometry and they also quit doing trikes.

TPC will take your money and maybe build somthing for another guy with it.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Homeless Dave View Post
    There are many kits designed for turning dirt bikes into trikes. I’ve never ridden one but have heard mixed opinions about them, mostly due to the handling. A dirt bikes chassis is designed to be a motorcycle, a trike is designed to be a trike. Much of the difference is in the chassis geometry.

That said, check out BVC trikes or DT Motorsports. They both are in the business of trike conversions. TPC is another, but I haven’t heard anything from them in a long time.

thanks appreciated. I have converted an old 125 CR honda when I was a kid. I was just asking if anyone done a KTM. I didn't find many reviews on it. When I did the honda conversion I just used a rear end out of a polaris predator 500 and modified the swing arms to bolt up. Kept the front tire as a dirtbike tire. No rear fenders. Was a nice quick bike running around the yard. That was 20 years ago lol

--
    thanks appreciated. I have converted an old 125 CR honda when I was a kid. I was just asking if anyone done a KTM. I didn't find many reviews on it. When I did the honda conversion I just used a rear end out of a polaris predator 500 and modified the swing arms to bolt up. Kept the front tire as a dirtbike tire. No rear fenders. Was a nice quick bike running around the yard. That was 20 years ago lol
    First you said you were wondering how to go about it?

Why does it matter how someone elses conversion handles for them? Unless you have that same person build one its never going to be the same.

Essentially a bench racing thread just to talk about builds?

--

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Shad Owe View Post
    First you said you were wondering how to go about it?

Why does it matter how someone elses conversion handles for them? Unless you have that same person build one its never going to be the same.

Essentially a bench racing thread just to talk about builds?
    Why are you so negative?

Currently : trx400fw, ct70, 250es,200x, xl80s, 350x, 350x, 225DX, trx300

--
    Why are you so negative?

I was wondering the same thing myself. Thinking this must be some old time member tired of answering these types of posts. Then I look and see he joined less than a month ago

--
    Why are you so negative?

Which part was negative?

Are you one of those insane people who think every interaction online is and should be from your perspective?

I guarantee you just wanna ignore me if you don't like my perspective.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //