//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 1983 ATC 200 engine/transmission rebuild cost expectations?

--
    Quote Originally Posted by zebvance View Post
    Changing some internals is one thing, but putting a non-Honda engine core is another.... And it's my rig, I have the right to build it how I want. If you're ok with putting a different motor in yours, you have right to and its your choice, there is not a right and wrong thing to do in this case, And I wouldn't try to change your opinion on why you want to do that. I never asked what the cheapest option was, I just asked what to expect cost wise for the rebuild compared to current market prices, so I have something to judge if I'm getting hosed or not.
    It's not the cheapest option by far. It's the best option per dollar. If you don't care about wasting money that's understandable. I'm not trying to change your opinion I'm posting my suggestions which you asked for so that others can also read the best option. If it weren't just an atc200 it would make more sense. Good luck

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Shad Owe View Post
    So wait 8 weeks plus build time and pay $1000 by the time it's said and done instead of spending $400 on a brand new engine that will show up in 4 days.

Make it make sense

Just curious as you brought this up twice, but where can one find a $400 motor that will drop in to a atc200? Serious question, I’m all for a motor swap than a rebuild when the price is right but have never seen a new quality motor cheaper than the parts for a rebuild.

Llöyd

--
    that is a china parts kit. probably about $125-$150 total in parts. twisted is a scam, stay away from them.
    if it were me i would do the following.
    Order a wiseco piston for it. a 10.25:1 is fine. (pull your cylinder and measure to see id and then go 1mm over to ensure it will be clean)
    order a complete versah engine gasket kit (they may offer one with oil seals too)
    order a complete oil seal kit from
    all these can be had off ebay. having your cylinder bored/hones runs $80-$100 now days.
    this is about $350-$400 total in parts and machining.
    also you can get a new timing chain guild and chain. get a did chain for it.
    clutch setup, a barnett is a good setup so get one of them as well.
    this would bring you into the $500 in parts but you do all the labor yourself.

Nearly every kind of Honda ATC (plus some custom ones
    several Yami Quads (mostly custom built for MX racing)

https://www.mikesatvfix.com

"Freedom is not free...but the U.S. Marine Corps will pay most of your share."

--
    Quote Originally Posted by oscarmayer View Post
    that is a china parts kit. probably about $125-$150 total in parts. twisted is a scam, stay away from them.
    if it were me i would do the following.
    Order a wiseco piston for it. a 10.25:1 is fine. (pull your cylinder and measure to see id and then go 1mm over to ensure it will be clean)
    order a complete versah engine gasket kit (they may offer one with oil seals too)
    order a complete oil seal kit from
    all these can be had off ebay. having your cylinder bored/hones runs $80-$100 now days.
    this is about $350-$400 total in parts and machining.
    also you can get a new timing chain guild and chain. get a did chain for it.
    clutch setup, a barnett is a good setup so get one of them as well.
    this would bring you into the $500 in parts but you do all the labor yourself.
    Nice to see the scammer back. I see Mr. C appreciates your advice. Must be buds.

What Oscar won't tell you is that he's never shown a single shred of evidence that he's ever gotten any of his builds running and Mr C likes to take motors out 3 or 4 times before he builds em right.

Search 200cc engine on eBay. Buy one. You're welcome.

207wheelin is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    Almost feels like this place is becoming more like Facebook by the day. Baseless allegations and shi_ty attitudes abound.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 207wheelin View Post
    Almost feels like this place is becoming more like Facebook by the day. Baseless allegations and shi_ty attitudes abound.
    Baseless? Tell that to the people Oscar helped Milner scam! We all watched it!

You don't know what you're talking about bro move on!

207wheelin is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    I'll move on when I feel like moving on...bro.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 207wheelin View Post
    I'll move on when I feel like moving on...bro.
    Oh ffs weener sniffer no one gives a tiny fuk what you have to say

--
    "but obviously you do cuz you responded blah blah"

Good lord it has NOTHING to do with you and you have no idea what you're talking about. Have another drink loser

--
    yea, your not on facebook are you?
    Shad, i have several high end builds known to people there. your welcome to hop on there on several places from trupa, to hondahorders, and 350x and more groups. they will tell you.
    i think you seem to have me confused with someone else. i produce high end CDI units for trikes and other parts as well. people love them and my products have a 100% money back garranty. if I'm a bad person how come i have people waiting in line for my stuff? please research before you accuse soemone of scamming. twisted has been known to lie and rip people off time and time again. their work is shabby at best and they have had a slew of problems including leagel issues with the owner.

--
    first off, i did not help people get scammed. i also talked to people privatly and offered to cover costs or help but they all denied it. so maybe before you continue talking like you are you may wanna research?

--
    i agree! i would also love to see a $400 delivered 200cc motor..

--
    Quote Originally Posted by oscarmayer View Post
    first off, i did not help people get scammed. i also talked to people privatly and offered to cover costs or help but they all denied it. so maybe before you continue talking like you are you may wanna research?
    When people offer to fix things it's because they know they broke them... You wouldn't have offered if you weren't guilty... Why would you lol. Makes absolutely no sense and when something doesn't make sense it's because it's a fukken lie.

Glad it was so easy to get you to acknowledge what happened.

--
    [QUOTE=Shad Owe;1532167]Nice to see the scammer back. I see Mr. C appreciates your advice. Must be buds.

Since you want to include me in your post I will reply to you this time.
    Names like Wiseco, Shindy and D.I.D. are well known names in the aftermarket parts world. You can say they are not Honda but they are not junk parts either. Pro riders use all of those brands and yes its an industry.
    You like to mention I had to pull a motor 3 times to get it right, yep I admit to making a few mistakes on the first 350x rebuild, I am not ashamed, I pinched a ring and had a leaky valve. I learned a lot and its still is running today.
    Why does that bother you so, This is the 3rd time you have mentioned it, Is that what you like to do? you like bring up other peoples mistakes?
    kind'a petty, but that tells us a lot about more about you than, those you try to smear.

Please share more wisdom like some of your other helpful tips " you should buy a modern machine" or my new favorite in this post "Search 200cc engine on eBay. Buy one."
    mrc_builds on YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmw...confirmation=1

My Addiction
    85 200m "Tallahassee"
    84 200x "SouthPort"
    84 200x "Van Halen"
    84 250r "lucky"
    85 250sx "Enterprise"
    85 350x "The Money Pit"
    85 350x Code Red
    86 250r "Unicorn"
    86 trx250r
    88 Lt250r Suzuki

mrc_builds saves trikes like Jimmy Swaggart saved souls back in the day -said Patriot1

--
    [QUOTE=MrConcdid;1532196]
    Quote Originally Posted by Shad Owe View Post
    Nice to see the scammer back. I see Mr. C appreciates your advice. Must be buds.

Since you want to include me in your post I will reply to you this time.
    Names like Wiseco, Shindy and D.I.D. are well known names in the aftermarket parts world. You can say they are not Honda but they are not junk parts either. Pro riders use all of those brands and yes its an industry.
    You like to mention I had to pull a motor 3 times to get it right, yep I admit to making a few mistakes on the first 350x rebuild, I am not ashamed, I pinched a ring and had a leaky valve. I learned a lot and its still is running today.
    Why does that bother you so, This is the 3rd time you have mentioned it, Is that what you like to do? you like bring up other peoples mistakes?
    kind'a petty, but that tells us a lot about more about you than, those you try to smear.

Please share more wisdom like some of your other helpful tips " you should buy a modern machine" or my new favorite in this post "Search 200cc engine on eBay. Buy one."
    Lol.

Because you always post like you're the holy provider of wisdom from above

No one said anything about the brands and no one cares. Oscar has been repeating the same copy paste schtick since the dawn of time yet never ever ever ever completes a motor build so all he is doing is naming parts off.

Take advice from people that this is EASY STUFF for, not people people who A: are clearly learning themselves or B: make it sound like a top end on a 200x is something they do 3 times a week when in fact they never, ever finish engine builds. Ever.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //