//ArrowChat Code

Thread: ATC 250SX rear shock

Footy is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --

ATC 250SX rear shock

I am considering using a TRX300ex rear shock on my 250SX. Is this conversion as simple as just swapping the upper shock bushing?
    Put your butt on the inside fender or end up on the ground!

TRX450ER
    ATC250SX
    ATC350X
    ATC110
    ATC185S
    XR100R
    CRF230F
    Raptor 125
    Breeze 125
    Grizzly700

--
    I guess no one has done this?

TRX450ER
    ATC250SX
    ATC350X
    ATC110
    ATC185S
    XR100R
    CRF230F
    Raptor 125
    Breeze 125
    Grizzly700

--
    WHO cares if anyone did it. It's not hard to swap a shock, buy a rebuild-able works shock. The stock ones are junk and always leak or rust out. If you own a digital caliper it will tell you what you need to do. 300ex's used a 12mm bolt up top I'm pretty sure

--
    Quote Originally Posted by oldskool83 View Post
    WHO cares if anyone did it. It's not hard to swap a shock, buy a rebuild-able works shock. The stock ones are junk and always leak or rust out. If you own a digital caliper it will tell you what you need to do. 300ex's used a 12mm bolt up top I'm pretty sure
    I think you are correct on the 12mm bolt size. I asked because I prefer to gather as much information as possible before I take something apart.
    My 250sx is a working machine that I use on my farm and I do not want to have it down any longer than necessary.
    I was hoping to gain what knowledge is available so I can get the necessary parts before disassembly in hopes of getting this machine back on the ground as quickly as possible.
    I think everyone should own digital calipers. They are great!

TRX450ER
    ATC250SX
    ATC350X
    ATC110
    ATC185S
    XR100R
    CRF230F
    Raptor 125
    Breeze 125
    Grizzly700

patriot1 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    I never did the swap...but came close and then sold all my 250sx's. I did buy the shock though if you want a deal on one lol

--
    Quote Originally Posted by patriot1 View Post
    I never did the swap...but came close and then sold all my 250sx's. I did buy the shock though if you want a deal on one lol
    Sure. Send me a photo and a price. Thanks.

TRX450ER
    ATC250SX
    ATC350X
    ATC110
    ATC185S
    XR100R
    CRF230F
    Raptor 125
    Breeze 125
    Grizzly700

--
    why don't you just call my suspension builder tell him what you want so he can just build you an older works performance shock to bolt on and end the saga.

kevin @ jogaca suspension works in AZ. I just had him do a blaster set for me. I think he has done 6 or 7 machines for me. I prob gave him $3000 over the years for good shocks or rebuild them on quads and trikes. He does not charge much.

480-262-3216

guy is no joke. tell him AAron from PA sent you.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100057538866262
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 12.jpg  

--
    Quote Originally Posted by oldskool83 View Post
    why don't you just call my suspension builder tell him what you want so he can just build you an older works performance shock to bolt on and end the saga.

kevin @ jogaca suspension works in AZ. I just had him do a blaster set for me. I think he has done 6 or 7 machines for me. I prob gave him $3000 over the years for good shocks or rebuild them on quads and trikes. He does not charge much.

480-262-3216

guy is no joke. tell him AAron from PA sent you.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100057538866262
    This is awesome because the original reason I knew Milner Brown was a fraud was when he wanted to argue with me over whether or not blaster shocks were rebuildable. DochBikes profile ended up banned for life over it then Milner fvkked everyone here lol....

Just pulled the shock that started the argument out of storage. I wrote down your guys number. Thanks

--
    Cool. Now no spend now money. Suspension is best investment. No only should touch motor or exhaust until shocks are addressed. The crap I can do on a stock motor blaster with only Suspension and chassis mods is nuts.

--
    I paid $50 for an amazon shock for my 250sx. I had to move the CDI to make it fit though.
    WPHMOTO 360mm 14inch Rear Shock Absorbers Suspension for ATV Quad Buggy 4 Wheeler

--
    I finally got around to trying this. The 300ex rear shock gives a much better ride than the original 250sx rear shock. If I had to do it again, I would do some more research and try to find new shock bushings that are the correct dimensions OD, and ID for what is needed. You have to use the 250 SX bushings in the 300ex shock and making that happen was really difficult. Honda does not intend for you to change these bushings out so you have to get creative to do it. Also, the rubber part of the bushings ends up getting damaged in this process. I am glad I did this as the shock is a perfect fit except for the bushings and the ride is definitely improved.

TRX450ER
    ATC250SX
    ATC350X
    ATC110
    ATC185S
    XR100R
    CRF230F
    Raptor 125
    Breeze 125
    Grizzly700

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //