//ArrowChat Code

Thread: '83-85 and '86 200x bottom end differences?

--

'83-85 and '86 200x bottom end differences?

I am getting ready to reassemble the bottom end of my '84 200x. How similar are the cases and components to the '86 and later 200x?

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

--
    Completely different- in every way.

shep

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Shep1970 View Post
    Completely different- in every way.

shep
    Thanks. I have a buddy with a service manual for the 86-87 he'd give me so was wondering if it was close enough to use this manual for the rebuild reference or if it was completely redesigned.

--
    I'd look for a 83-85 manual the 86-87 wont help u really. I know theres online manuals for it but cant remember the guys or site name- dig around online i sure you'll find one.

shep

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Shep1970 View Post
    I'd look for a 83-85 manual the 86-87 wont help u really. I know theres online manuals for it but cant remember the guys or site name- dig around online i sure you'll find one.

shep
    Well, you talked me into it. Haha. Thanks. I just ordered one from ebay

--
    Good man.... do it right the first time. It's something u dont want to do twice, or three times. Take your time there is actually folks here that'll help u (just may have to be patient at times) and learn to ignore some of "entertainment" at times

shep
    jeez i wrote "times" way to much...... but anyway good luck

--
    I've built other things but spend most of my time (and most of my money) on old 2 strokes. This ATC is going to be interesting, though. I'm used to building things that have far more available NOS and aftermarket parts. Parts for these trikes are like a family of unicorns. Haha.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by rsheehan79 View Post
    I've built other things but spend most of my time (and most of my money) on old 2 strokes. This ATC is going to be interesting, though. I'm used to building things that have far more available NOS and aftermarket parts. Parts for these trikes are like a family of unicorns. Haha.

The 83-85 200x is closely related to the XR200 engine. Many internal parts are the same, there are some differences but bearings, seals, some gears, rod, piston and other parts are the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Currently : trx400fw, ct70, 250es,200x, xl80s, 350x, 350x, 225DX, trx300

--
    two different motors. think go it as a 1983 F150 and a 2023 F150, nothing is the same but the name.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //