//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 85r seized disc brake hub tricks

--

85r seized disc brake hub tricks

Are there any ticks to getting a stuck disc brake hub off? I’ve tried heat, pb blaster, puller tool and nothing. My next idea is to press it off but not sure if that will damage the bearings? I really don’t want to do it but if it come down to it sadly will have to cut it off but I am trying to save it at all costs. What are done ways you guys used to get get yours off?
    83 Honda 250r
    85 Honda 70
    83 Honda 185s
    85 Yamaha Tri-Z (restoring)
    83 Honda 70
    79 Honda 70
    74 Honda Z50
    78 Harley Davidson Golf Cart w/Big Red Engine!!!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 1972mercury View Post
    Are there any ticks to getting a stuck disc brake hub off? I’ve tried heat, pb blaster, puller tool and nothing. My next idea is to press it off but not sure if that will damage the bearings? I really don’t want to do it but if it come down to it sadly will have to cut it off but I am trying to save it at all costs. What are done ways you guys used to get get yours off?
    Soak it with pb blaster or Kroil. Do this for about 3 days, resolving it periodically.
    Used a BFH. A heavy dead blow if you don't want to damage the hub.
    You will, most likely, have to remove the axle so you can stand it on end on a piece of wood while you the hub off.
    You can also use heat to help it along. Like a propane or setaline torch.
    Or attach chains to a hub/gear puller and try that. It's dangerous and a pain in the ass but will work.
    There's no easy trick to rusted on things.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

--
    heat, if you don't have a propane torch you can get something at a local hardware store. DO not start banging away on stuff until you use lots of heat and let stuff soak like above. If you cant get it off just swallow your price and take it over to a local fab shop with a torch where they can do it.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //