//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Crankcase, 10 6mm screws, torque

--

Crankcase, 10 6mm screws, torque

Putting the case halves together. Can't find the torque from the manual other than the list that gives torque specs per size. Does 6-8 ft lbs sound right for the 10 screws?

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

--
    6 ft lbs is pretty std for a 6mm case screw .
    78 atc 90/180cc Dickson Full Suspension
    76 ATC90/180cc Nicholson
    77 atc 90 Dickson Full Suspension
    84 KLT 110/123cc Powroll Racer from 80s
    87 atc 125m stock
    84 atc 200x Curtis Sparks
    84 atc 200x Powroll My race bike from 80's
    83 atc70/108cc Powroll blue Xmas Special
    81 atc185s HP-ATC full suspension

Performance Shop is Open PM me for Service

My Feedback http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ck+shortline10

--
    Quote Originally Posted by shortline10 View Post
    6 ft lbs is pretty std for a 6mm case screw .
    Do you (or anyone else) use a torque wrench for anything smaller than 8mm? And is so, what kind, or brand?

I’ve never been able to get anything close to what I believe is an accurate reading, using a torque wrench on the smaller stuff, it always seems that i go way past 6lb before anything registers or clicks.

Supposedly your wrist “breaks” at 9 pounds, perfect spark plug torque, so I just tighten the smaller bolts evenly rather than worry about any specific torque number and make sure that I never get to the point where my wrist starts to break.

Curious to know how professional mechanics do it.
    It sucks to get old

--
    Quote Originally Posted by El Camexican View Post
    Do you (or anyone else) use a torque wrench for anything smaller than 8mm? And is so, what kind, or brand?

I’ve never been able to get anything close to what I believe is an accurate reading, using a torque wrench on the smaller stuff, it always seems that i go way past 6lb before anything registers or clicks.

Supposedly your wrist “breaks” at 9 pounds, perfect spark plug torque, so I just tighten the smaller bolts evenly rather than worry about any specific torque number and make sure that I never get to the point where my wrist starts to break.

Curious to know how professional mechanics do it.
    I use snap-on digital torque wrenches. I know snap on is over kill for hobby tools but I need to be able to trust them. Plus I can always bring my torque wrenches onto the truck and check calibration.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //