//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 86 big red 250es no start

--

86 big red 250es no start

Hey all, I’m restoring an 86 250es and I’m having some issue. I cleaned and rebuilt the carb and put it back together. Fired right up and I took it for a quick ride down the road and it died. Can’t get it to restart.
    Here is what I have tried/replaced. New Petcock, new plug, checked compression, checked timing, checked valves. Spark looks weak to me maybe even intermittent. Neutral light comes on, turns over with the button but will not start. I have tested the coil and it is good. I have ordered a CDI and a new coil just to be sure but they won’t be in for a couple of days. Unfortunately all of these parts aren’t oem. So I’m unsure if they will even work. Is there anything I should check beside what I have done already? If the CDI doesn’t work I figured i would move on the the stator and pulse coil.

Any input is appreciated. I’ve been messing with it for 2 weeks. It ran great for that 5 or so minutes but just quit.

--
    The spark on my 85 250ES is so weak that I couldn't even see it outside until I had the trike in the shade. It runbs and rides just fine though. If you've got spark, I'm guessing that you're fine there.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 350for350 View Post
    The spark on my 85 250ES is so weak that I couldn't even see it outside until I had the trike in the shade. It runbs and rides just fine though. If you've got spark, I'm guessing that you're fine there.
    So i plugged in a new cdi and it fired right up. Went to go ride it today, started fine, I was adjusting the idle and it shut off. Now I can’t get it to start again.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //