//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Virginians

--

Virginians

There is a nice trail system just north of Roanoke. Its about 30-45 minutes north on 220. Its called Eagle Rock. I'm 95% sure they allow 3-wheelers...there are no warnings in the brochure, nor are their any signs at the trail-head. There are plenty of trails there to ride all day and not see the same trail twice. Its on the top of a mountain with great views. All the trails loop off the main one and they are well marked so you cant get lost. There are some great mud-holes there too....a couple are about 1' deep or so.

They close between March 20-something and June (I think they allow hunting these times.

And speaking of being on a mountain...if it has been raining...you better have 4WD if you are towing a trailer. And if your vehicle is low to the ground...you are not going in or out without some body damage. You have to travel the last 4-5 miles on an old fireroad up the side of the mountain. We were in a F-250 Crew Cab Deisel with a 20' trailer carrying 4 large ATV's. There was plenty of room on the road for it....but you'd better not meet up with someone going the other way.

If anyone is going up there sometime soon...give me a shout...I'll see what I can do
    [20:55] <waterpumper> putting a racing pipe on a Foreman is like putting a high dollar bikini on a 400 pound chick...just because it fits doesn't mean it looks cool

--
    Well...I just went back up there yesterday with my friend. We took some new trails that we didnt before and WOW :shock: It takes you up to the very top of the mountain where you can look straight down about a mile or so to a field where we saw little black specks zipping around (people on ATV's). And you can look out over the horizon to all the mountains. Its beautiful up there. If anyone is in this part of Va. I definately recommend that you visit this place. Its only open until this next weekend, then its closed until June. Prepare to get muddy though...
    [20:55] <waterpumper> putting a racing pipe on a Foreman is like putting a high dollar bikini on a 400 pound chick...just because it fits doesn't mean it looks cool

jay is offline First Time Rider Arm chair racerNew to the board
    --
    how do i go about getting a brochure to this place?
    see ya
    jay
    (jbrd158)
    recently traded 83? 250r, traded for another 85 250sx
    85 250sx( now a parts bike)
    83 yt175

--
    I have the brochure at home (Im at school now). When I get home, I'll look on the brochure and see if there is a web site. If not, I'll ask my friend where he got it.

--
    hmm i was just sitting here thinking theres amp ground in james town and its got t huge feilds and right across the street there trail i was thinking that would be a good place for trike fest one year ive seen people riding 3 and 4wheelers out in the feilds there so im pretty sure they let u ride um there so there will be camping avalible and some nice places to ride its also real close to busch gardens if some one wants to go there umm they r about 10 mins off the enterstate if howdy or billy r enterrested in setting something up there ill get him a phone number my parents do karaoke there lol let me know

VABCH350X is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Sounds like a good time. I really need to find somewhere to ride, places keep closing up here in Hampton Roads. I'd be interested in a ride out at Eagle Rock this summer, let's see about getting a group of guys from this area together.
    86 Honda ATC350X
    86 Honda TRX70
    02 Honda TRX400EX
    03 Kawasaki KFX80
    82 Honda CB900F

--
    vabeach350x dude ive been trying to get intouch with u i live like 25 or 30 mins from u
    i go to va beach all the time lol
    i live in hampton

--
    Quote Originally Posted by VABCH350X
    Sounds like a good time. I really need to find somewhere to ride, places keep closing up here in Hampton Roads. I'd be interested in a ride out at Eagle Rock this summer, let's see about getting a group of guys from this area together.
    Ya...A summer ride for us Virginians...or anyone else that wants to come would be awesome. The Eagle Rock trail is only 45min. from my house so if anyone wants to spend a long weekend here, I dont think my parents would mind some company. There is also another trail system with ~60 miles of trails in Martinsville...about 30-45min. away too that I would like to try out sometime (opens April 1st).

BTW...Eagle Rock closes March 15 and opens sometime in mid-June.

VABCH350X is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Martinsville sounds good too. How do you hear about all these places?
    86 Honda ATC350X
    86 Honda TRX70
    02 Honda TRX400EX
    03 Kawasaki KFX80
    82 Honda CB900F

--
    Just do a search online. Type in something like...."Virginia OHV trails" or "ATV trails in Virginia"

My friend also knows quite a few places too....he looks for them all the time.

--
    Sorry guys....my mistake....

The riding place that I was talking about near Martinsville.....Its NOT near Martinsville. Its in a place called Big Island. Here is a map of the place....Id say about 45mins North of Roanoke

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?country=US&countryid=250&addtohistory=&add ress=&city=Big+Island&state=Va&zipcode=&submit=Get +Map

--
    yep, that's gettin out there a ways. Why don't we all set up a ride to that Hatfield and McCoy's place some time. I hear good things, anyone ever been?
    86 Honda ATC350X
    86 Honda TRX70
    02 Honda TRX400EX
    03 Kawasaki KFX80
    82 Honda CB900F

--
    where is the hatfield and mocoys place is it near hampton va ?

the family rides
    84 atc200s
    80 atc70
    03 crf150f
    03 xr70

--
    No, its in WV, we have nowhere to ride in Hampton Roads
    86 Honda ATC350X
    86 Honda TRX70
    02 Honda TRX400EX
    03 Kawasaki KFX80
    82 Honda CB900F

--
    I've heard that the Hatfield trails are not for sport quads/trikes and are nothing but rocks going uphill or downhill. Id still like to give it a try though sometime.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //