//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: CROW CANYON/ Ohio

--

CROW CANYON/ Ohio

anybody up for riding this sunday? I am going to Crow Canyon to ride. It is $15. to ride from 10am to dark. They have a pretty tame motto-cross track and a good amount of trails. It is located off of rt 250 by Uhrichsville, about an 1 hr and 15 min south of Akron. Or if anybody is riding someplace better I will meet up w/ you there. So far just my buddy and I are riding.
    83-87 200x
    85 350x
    85-86 Tri-z
    85 250r
    86 Tecate

--
    Do you know for sure if they allow trikes? Just wondering because when they run events there, they are AMA sanctioned, and dont allow them then.
    I cant commit yet, but its under discussion here. I ran a harescramble out there late last fall, and they had some good HS trails, and I kept vowing Id go back for open riding.

TRIKE is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    I just got off the phone with Crow Canyon owner and he said trikes are more than welcome to ride .This time of yr he said we can ride quads and trikes the whole 10 am to 6 pm.As the summer progresses and the quads dry the track out so much faster he limits quads from 3pm to closing. I think im gonna make a trip up there myself with my son tomorrow .I will bring the quads but it sounds like it might still be a tad muddier than I want to ride in. Its gonna be about a 2 hr drive or touch longer for me so it will depend on how I feel in the morning if its a definate to go or not.He said the weather was gonna be in the low 40's and possible flurries so its gonna be a cold one.He also said the track is extremely user friendly and not steep takeoffs on the jumps.Sounds like a good track to me.They're gonna redo the track this yr and in the next few weeks he hopes to get started on it. Put a quik post up and let me no for sure if your gonna go or want to go and I will decide from there.Heres my cell number if ya want to talk one on one to set something up. 740 272-1067
    ROOSTINS RACIN!! YOU GETTIN ANY???

--
    It looks like TimJr and I are in. We will be leaving after church in the morning, though, so we probably wont arrive until about 1:30pm. We'll be bring the Quad-Z and the Raptor 80.

TRIKE is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    Well me and HUNTER are definately gonna be there,im gonna try to leave out early enough to get there by the time they open or shortly there after.SEE YA THERE!! GOLD F350 with white Z400 and blue and yellow LEM.
    ROOSTINS RACIN!! YOU GETTIN ANY???

--
    COOL! My friend and I should be there by noon since we are going to leave at 9 in the morning lol! I just run late on the weekends lol..I will probably have my 200x and my rm 250 w/me and my buddy will have his white/red YFZ 450. I do not know what vehicle we are taking depending on my wife ,but I will have the 16' John Deer Green trailer.
    83-87 200x
    85 350x
    85-86 Tri-z
    85 250r
    86 Tecate

--
    Super time at Crow Canyon! Thanks everyone for a really wonderful day of riding. The weather started out threatening, but turned into a beautiful day for riding. We are looking forward to doing it again soon!

--
    thank you for coming out to ride guys! Had a blast! My 200x is definitely in need of some work, but I think I am going to see how long the 10/30 motor oil mixed w/ some WD40 works as rear brake fluid.lol thank you for your help Tim! Anybody up for riding again this coming weekend? Wellsville? See how many times I can role the X down the hill?lol A pleasure to meet you Trike, you can really ride those 4wheelers! Now I just have to find one of those Astro kits to convert one of my trikes to a quad. Your Z quad was awesome Tim and thank you for letting me take it for a Spin.
    83-87 200x
    85 350x
    85-86 Tri-z
    85 250r
    86 Tecate

--
    Ive seen a lot of "emergency field repairs" in my day but that brake repair belongs in the book I will someday write!

I should get some work done next weekend, but since TimJr will be at his mom's, Wellsville doesnt sound like a bad idea. Do you guys normally go down and camp, or do you just ride for the day? Ive been rding Wellsville since 1990 so I know my way around there pretty well.

Bill X_R is offline Bill "The Finger" XR oo|oo Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    Where the "F" you guys talkin about?...I left the house later than I wanted to. If I had left by 8:00 am Sunday like I wanted (Thanks Wife) I was going to try and meet up with you guys. But By the time I left, It would have been 12:30 1:00 trailprotrailpro I would have been in the area. Yada' Yada' Yada' ...So I bagged it and went to Haspin...not a three wheeler in sight If I know ahead of time and it's with-in 3hrs driving distance....count me in! Now that Spring is around the corner, I'm getting the URGE to get out and thrash some! no better way I can think off!

Anyway Tim you got my email...keep me in the loop! Profile sais Dayton" , but Figure on 3hrs from Cincy.

Peace Out!
    86' 250 R
    02' DS 650
    03' Cannibal
    03' Haspin Vet
    04' Haspin Vet
    05' Haspin Vet

--
    I have not been there in about 2 yrs, but a guy I know has a camp site there, says the place has a new owner and that alot of changes have been made. They have better camp sites at the top of Chicken Coop Hill, and I think they charge to ride there now to. I will Know more as soon as he gets home and I can get some more info.. We ussually camp there for the weekend, but I can only manage to ride Sat or Sun this weekend.
    83-87 200x
    85 350x
    85-86 Tri-z
    85 250r
    86 Tecate

--
    Well I tried to get a hold of the guy but he will not be home until Fri. But I will be heading to wellsville Early Sat. morning and ride till 4 in the afternoon. Sofar there are 4 of us goin. Hope to see some more Trikes down there! If anybody has any other info about wellsville please let me know. thank you
    83-87 200x
    85 350x
    85-86 Tri-z
    85 250r
    86 Tecate

--
    Its a lot nicer then it used to be! Theyve weeded out a lot of the Riff-Raff. You cannot enter and park where you used to. Now there are two parking/camping area entrances. If you go to towards Wellsville by route 39, about halfway down the last winding downhill before Wellsville, you will turn right on a blacktop road that I cant seem to remember the name. There are Two places to enter form thsi road. One is Oak Grove Campround which is only a short ways down the road, and its located just off the paved road. The other campround, The Forbidden Zone, is farther down the road a ways, and then you drive a pretty rough dirt road back to the camp area. You end up going in at the bottom of Scooby-Doo Hill, and you end up at the top of the hill by the power lines, across from Chicken Hill. That one is alot better for camping! Cost last year was $7 or $8 a day, or $15 for the weekend.

They are not under new onwership. The same three owners decided to get together and turn this into a legitimate business so they would not be forced to close it off because of all the trash dumpers and local partiers trashing the place. Two owners offer their own campgrounds but riders in either can run all three properties totally over 800 acres. Don and Ward Springer own The Forbidden Zone, and are just super nice people.

My number is 330-927-4814 if you need to get ahold of me or need more information.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill X_R
    Where the "F" you guys talkin about?...I left the house later than I wanted to. If I had left by 8:00 am Sunday like I wanted (Thanks Wife) I was going to try and meet up with you guys. But By the time I left, It would have been 12:30 1:00 trailprotrailpro I would have been in the area. Yada' Yada' Yada' ...So I bagged it and went to Haspin...not a three wheeler in sight If I know ahead of time and it's with-in 3hrs driving distance....count me in! Now that Spring is around the corner, I'm getting the URGE to get out and thrash some! no better way I can think off!

Anyway Tim you got my email...keep me in the loop! Profile sais Dayton" , but Figure on 3hrs from Cincy.

Peace Out!
    Hey Bill, Ill be sure to keep you in the loop. Most of the places I run are a couple hours southeast of me but you can go to Yahoo maps or mapquest something and see how fer they are from you. Are you In Dayton or in a smaller town outside of Dayton somewhere? Weve got to do a weekender at Wellsville, OH this summer. Its been rated as one of the top places in the US, but its not real well known nationally. Ive been riding there for years. NO matter how good you are, there are some trails there that are tougher than you!

Bill X_R is offline Bill "The Finger" XR oo|oo Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    Hey Bill, Ill be sure to keep you in the loop. Most of the places I run are a couple hours southeast of me but you can go to Yahoo maps or mapquest something and see how fer they are from you. Are you In Dayton or in a smaller town outside of Dayton somewhere? Weve got to do a weekender at Wellsville, OH this summer. Its been rated as one of the top places in the US, but its not real well known nationally. Ive been riding there for years. NO matter how good you are, there are some trails there that are tougher than you![/quote]

I'm on the 3 O'clock side of Cincy now. We moved back in Sept. Bout the same time all of my free time got not so free anymore! So you must go alot of places along the Ohio Wv line? if you head Southeast of Rittman. Just give me a weeks notice and the city and I'll get there, so long as it's not to far away. My wifes parents live in Wheeling, Wv...we trek that way about once every two months. No traffic I can make it #hrs 15 min...Door to Door. Looking to go somewhere this weekend...probally Haspin...

I'll be up your way the whole week of the 22nd of March. Anything going on that week? let me know....bglynn@cinci.rr.com
    86' 250 R
    02' DS 650
    03' Cannibal
    03' Haspin Vet
    04' Haspin Vet
    05' Haspin Vet

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //