//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Southern PA, Northern MD, and surrounding areas

--

Southern PA, Northern MD, and surrounding areas

I live in Northern MD and would like to set up a big trike ride on the Michaux State Forest trial, it's about 38 miles of trail. I think it would be fun to have a bunch of trikes crusin around on the trail. Anyone interested???? You would have to get a PA registration (out of state is only $20 for 2 years)

jay is offline First Time Rider Arm chair racerNew to the board
    --
    damn, we must be pretty close for you to come up with michaux. i have thought about going there but just haven't made it yet. i have to get some things done on my bike before i can get through the inspection.
    see ya
    jay
    (jbrd158)
    recently traded 83? 250r, traded for another 85 250sx
    85 250sx( now a parts bike)
    83 yt175

--
    yea we are hampstead is like 10 min away from me

--
    :-D that sounds great,what do i need for my trike to pass inspection?
    where is this place located?
    and where and when to meet?
    who needs to go to the gym to workout,just own a 350x and kick your self to a whole new you.

--
    sounds good to me,im only 20 minutes south of wv on I81
    1985 With "86" Plastic's,Custom 12" Alluminum Extended Swing Arm,39MM PWK,"TRX" Filter,9 Paddle TALLER HALLER'S on 11" Wide Rim's,LOT'S of Stainless,LOT'S of Alluminum,LOT'S of PowderCoating,NOTHING Stock..

FASTEST Tri-Z on The Planet...MAKE A NOTE !! and the SECOND FASTEST, WRITE IT DOWN AGAIN!!!

--
    damn, strasburg,va , i was close to that this weekend. we had to go to massanutten,va on sunday. we looked at a timeshare resort and it backs up to the washington forest. i am checking inot what the deal is with riding there and just what the camping is like at this resort. it looks good all except the part of beings 3 hours away from me. i hate traveling that far to go riding but you have to do what you have to do
    see ya
    jay
    (jbrd158)
    83 yt175

--
    i would ride on the road illegally before i go back to the national forest,can you say riding rocks all day! dont waste your time there!!(taskers gap)
    1985 With "86" Plastic's,Custom 12" Alluminum Extended Swing Arm,39MM PWK,"TRX" Filter,9 Paddle TALLER HALLER'S on 11" Wide Rim's,LOT'S of Stainless,LOT'S of Alluminum,LOT'S of PowderCoating,NOTHING Stock..

FASTEST Tri-Z on The Planet...MAKE A NOTE !! and the SECOND FASTEST, WRITE IT DOWN AGAIN!!!

--
    well, that tells me not to take the r there. i need to get my 250sx going again. i prefer the sx cause i like to ride woods and mud but couldn't pass up the r for $300.
    see ya
    jay
    (jbrd158)
    83 yt175

--
    as you may see i own two 4x4's and i dont take them there! if you go ride there sunday,you will have to take off monday for your back to recover,some rocks are larger than the bike!! i dont understand why all the people from dc come out to ride there ,all it does is tear the underside of your bike up,there are very few places there is no rocks,but they are far and between,that place is more for the jeeps that rock craw if ya know what i mean!

--
    jay, ill take ya up there... i usually head up there around 20 times a year.. i know the trails well.. my only gripe about that place is the two way traffic,.. the trails get tight here and there and oncoming traffic comes up quick.. no inspection for the bikes. just a reg plate, and insurance..(recommended).. if you go on paatving.com you can find the link from there, mail everythg and yr good to go!
    Ride it like you stole it! And never look back! They are too far behind to see!

--
    Ok, guys.... all you need to ride the Michaux State Forest trial is an out of state registration if you're not in PA. Search google for the PA DNR site and check out the registration. It's $20 for a 2 year deal, no inspection or insurance. I heard you should FAX them your application in order to get a response in good time. Anyone ride the Route 40 trails????? It would be cool to meet up there once also.

--
    yes you are right about the tags and such.. but they recommend insurance, because they have problems with lawsuits now and again.. anytime anyone wants to meet up there,.. let me know.. but ill bring 4 wheels..
    Ride it like you stole it! And never look back! They are too far behind to see!

--
    which route 40 trails are you talking about?
    1985 ATC 250R
    2006 TRX450ER
    RIDE RED...IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE??????????

--
    well I ride up there so little I don't bother with insurance (maybe I will one day when I actualy make money). They are right around Ebenezer Rd, I forgot the name of the road the parking is on (only been there a couple times so far), but on any nice day you'll see a good amount of people around the area.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by metalace2001
    well I ride up there so little I don't bother with insurance (maybe I will one day when I actualy make money). They are right around Ebenezer Rd, I forgot the name of the road the parking is on (only been there a couple times so far), but on any nice day you'll see a good amount of people around the area.
    not so much any more....they are extending the road and the cops have been kinda hard to deal with over the last year or so.....
    1985 ATC 250R
    2006 TRX450ER
    RIDE RED...IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE??????????

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //