//ArrowChat Code
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: rare find 1988 250es???

Jez is offline First Time Rider Arm chair racerNew to the board
    --

Yep, He's right

Hey Guys,

Steve's right. They did do them in 1988. I received the '88 brochure I won on eBay Australia in the post yesterday, so will scan it in over the weekend and post it on the site. For you guys who can't wait, here's the link to the auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....473751422&rd=1

More importantly, what this means though is that it is almost 100% likely that Honda did actually produce the 1985 ATC500R that was spoken about on this site earlier in the year. If any of you recall, this was the post that spoke about the Owners Manuals listings on a number of OEM parts supplier's websites. To check it out, go to the interactive parts page at www.servicehonda.com and type in 31HA. What you will see is an owners manual listing containing not only the 1987 ATC250R and 1987 ATC350X (which we are now almost certain they produced), but also listings that we all dismissed as mere typos for none other than the 1988 ATC250ES (that we now know for sure existed) and more interestingly, the 1985 ATC500R.........Check it out for yourselves! Makes you wonder doesn't it??????

The disappointing thing is that all the manuals for the above mentioned bikes are listed as discontinued, so we can't even see what the 500R looked like. I guess we'll just have to wait for something to pop up on eBay which it will more than likely do at some point.

Cheers,
    Jez

--
    Trikerider2oo7,

Yeah, Matt's right. The 1985 ATC200ES Big Red was also produced by Honda in quite significant numbers. Over here in the UK and no doubt in Australia, they're quite numerous and are basically almost exactly the same as the 1984 models, but with silver decals similar to those on the 1985 ATC250ES. I'll scan that brochure in for everyone too.

Cheers,
    Jez

--
    Man this is cool. I reckon those bigred stickers look sweet! I have the compliance plate off that 1985 200es. And the fuel tank had those same stickers of that on the 85 bigred. You see australia is the best country!

I will scan that compliace sticker later and post it up.

Oh btw jez, your lucky i dident spot that brochure on aussie ebay, i woulda been at it! Much appreciated if you scan it for us all.

Have a good weekend,

Matt
    Last edited by atcmatt; 05-14-2004 at 06:48 PM. Reason: forgot something
    1980 ATC 70 Needs Restoration
    1985 ATC 250es Fully Refurbed
    1986 ATC 350x Mint Original

Russell 350X is offline Testicles between my toes at the devils backbone Teaching quads a lesson
    --
    That is a kickass find! Wow i never thought they were made in '88. Cooooolness.
    TF 07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14!
    Raffa's IceFest 08, 09, 10,11,13!

SAY IT!!!!!BUD LIGHTS AND RED LIGHTS!!!!!!

--
    Well i hopped to it and scanned the compliance sticker.....some may have seen it but for those who havent here it is....

Not trying to cover your post Steve, just added fun

Matt

--
    That is amazing...I want one. The sad thing is Honda would of realized the end was near so they probably didn't change anything from 86-8? You'd think they'd want to sell as much of the 86,87 components as possible...It looks very similar to a 86,87. Wonder what other country's might have had different bikes than North America???

--
    i did a search at google "atc250esj" and this is what i got

http://www.bike-parts.fr/photo_moto2...RANCE&debut=20

cannt read what it says but can understand the Détails. where it says Appellation courante i put in "atc" then where it says pay i enter "USA". then i clicked what i think is search and this is what i came up with. http://www.bike-parts.fr/photo_moto2...ante&x=68&y=15

comes up with 25 items theres trikes that we have in the us and i see a 87 250r, 87 250es, and the 88 250es and 2 fatcats.

if someone can read what the website says it would help out alot.
    86 350x
    85 250sx
    84 200m
    79 110

eh_tee_see is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    oh, now i understand
    The below sentence is TRUE.
    The above sentence is FALSE

wolfspider is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --

tank pictures

jez
    cheers for backing me up on this jez, i`m looking forward to your scan of the
    brochure.
    these are the last pictures i can take as the bike is being picked up today.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Picture 3.jpg   Picture 2.jpg   Picture 1.jpg  

HONDA ATC250ESJ 1988
    HONDA 250R `85 restored SOLD
    HONDA ATC 350X `86 restored SOLD
    HONDA ATC 250ES `87 SOLD
    YAMAHA YZ100 `80 project
    HONDA ATC350X `85 PROJECT FINISHED

--
    Gday Steve,

Those photos are much appreciated! I wish i had oredered some of those stickers instead of the stock 85 ones. Damn, O-well, she'll be right once the tank is all done and nice. I wonder what the esj means, well the extra j anyway? Has it got any special features?

Matt

--
    Dew_Man,

Superb Site you found there my friend!!!!!! I took a look round and it's available in English. Click the first item on the list on the left hand side (Not the one directly under the site logo in the thin white banner, as that will create you an account). That will take you to the home page. Then just select the British flag on the right hand side of the homepage and you're sorted. Browse at will .

If you want to get back to the original page you posted, come back here and follow the link you posted. The site must set cookies or something, as now everytime I go back there, is defaults to English.

.................................................. ........

Hey Steve,

No worries mate . Will get it sorted tomorrow. Nice find by the way!!!!

Matt,

The decals are available (and it looks like they may be the only ones still available for the '88 bike now as they're the only ones with prices listed). They're listed as 39.01 Euros on the above site, but they don't list the part numbers. Here's the fische listing for the 1988 Model.

http://www.bike-parts.fr/pieces.php?...e&liste=UNITED

It looks like you can pay 15 Euros to see the part numbers which is refunded if you order through them. I guess that's their way of keeping people from going elsewhere? I'll check with my Honda dealer in the week and see if I can come up with any part numbers for that bike.

Also, the "J" suffix is the model year identifier. A=80, B=81.........F=85, G=86, H=87 and so on and so forth.

I think this post deserves to be made sticky..........Come on Billy

Cheers,
    Jez

broook is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --

Thumbs up

cannt read what it says but can understand the Détails. where it says Appellation courante i put in "atc" then where it says pay i enter "USA". then i clicked what i think is search and this is what i came up with.

Go to the home page and on the right you will see a half British and half USA flag. Click it and you will have the site in English.

It is a great site for all Honda`s. All the micro`s are there with the prices of parts in pounds. The cam chain tensioner for the 88 250es looks to be the same as the 87 model but the gas tank is not the same as in the pics posted on this board.

Good find.

--
    Way cool there Jez. Those stickers look sweet, yo ucan choose either the "bigred" or "superred" design. I have already ordered my tank stickers so i will have to just use them.

Thanks,

Matt

--
    yo steve
    i thought this would be a good thread!!!!!!!
    still looking for that missing link......atc250r 1987 in the UK
    email you soon dude
    pete

--
    by the way when you buy a new frame from honda it does NOT come the the model year decal......

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //