//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Found Another 88'

--

Found Another 88'

Gday all,

Was browsing an australian dune riders forum which is usually quite dead with only like 1 post per month and i came across an interesting post on a bloke looking for 250es parts for his 88.
    I thought it was surely a mistake. I left a reply for him anyway saying email me and i will give him some info on parts etc.
    I really wasnt expecting a reply but today i looked at my email and he had emailed me with some info onhis rig like where he got it etc and he also sent me a heap of pics which i will attatch.
    He picked it up for 300 dollars. What a steal! I steered him towards the forums and hopefully he will come on and be a new aussie member. Im sure he wont mind me posting up a few pics of his rig. I just wanted to share this all with you all. At least we know there are 2 88's in the world. Oh yeah notice it is a "superred" too???

I must say that im a fan of the 88 bigreds!!!!

Enjoy,

Matt
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCF0685.JPG   DSCF0687.JPG   DSCF0683.JPG  
    1980 ATC 70 Needs Restoration
    1985 ATC 250es Fully Refurbed
    1986 ATC 350x Mint Original

--
    More pics, damn i love atc's!!!!

Matt
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCF0684.JPG   DSCF0686.JPG  

--
    Your to good Matt, how do you find this gear, will have to make you the head of the ATC find em club in Australia. Well Done. Regards Fester

--
    wow this is a turn up for the books 2 88's within a few weeks!!
    Rides:
    86 Tri z phase 1 wrench report porting n DG pipe (this beast is what really got me into trikes!!)
    84 honda 200 big red
    84 yamaha 225dx
    "To scrout or be scrouted the question remains!!?"

Billy Golightly is offline Always finding new and exciting ways to not give a hoot in hell Catch me if you can
    --
    Blog Entries
    Wow! Another one! I wonder if theres anymore 88's that aren't Big Reds, or if thats all there is? Hmmmm interesting!

--
    Matt...go find us an 87 R!!!!!!!

Great job man!

SEND ME PM HERE - CLICK HERE

1986 ATC 250r, 1986 Tri Z, 1990 LT 500R "Quadzilla"

Dirtbikes:

1994 KTM 550 MXC (yes its a two stroke...66 hp stock!)
    1988 Yamaha DT

--
    this is awesome. i HAVE TO get my hands on one of these things!!!!

--
    Im thinking our best luck of ever finding an 87 r is either here in aus or over in uk. Seems like they put all the later trikes onto us.

And the search continues....

Matt

--

G'day All

Yep, I'm the bloke that ATCMatt was referring to - another one from sunny Australia. To be honest folks, I didnt know much about the trike when I bought it (I have not been on one for 20 years !) I just wanted it to use on my property for carrying stuff. As you may have seen, its in real need of some work, but for $300 Australian (thats like $85 bucks US), its runs ok. Seeing that it is such a "collectors item" it might give me bargaining power with "the boss" (aka wife) to spend some coin on it !
    Will keep you all posted on progression.
    Rgds, Malrider

--
    Gday malrider,

Good to see you on here. The guys are really helpful here. ned any info just post up a thread and youll be right.

Matt

--
    sswweeeet!!!
    Current rides:
    85 Honda 200x -- For Sale
    86 Honda 200x
    79 Honda Z50 minibike

If speed kills......I'm a dead man!

--
    Hello malrider, great to see another True Blue Aussie on site and you to see you picked up the invite to come aboard to this great site from DETECTIVE ATC MATT ( I am sure his saying is track them down and bring them in!) As I said in the e-mail at Newcastle Dune Riders @ www.ezboard.com that is one rare 250es, I am sure the japs must of hit the panick button and just started shipping there surplus gear any where they could to off load stock (England as nipper has pointed out). I also collect Chrysler gear and some times I find it in South Africa, have tried to track down Atc gear there but with no luck....so some one else may have a lead into there! Regards Fester

--
    hay marshall what part of country wa u in

--
    Hey Honda atc, North Dandalup 100 klm's south of Perth in the state forrest, great riding country with good trike ride trails and nnnnooooo rangers, what about your self? I see you are from Aussie but what state and whats your ride? Regards Fester

--

'88 250ES, Excellent Find

Dear Matt,

As a long time rider of ATC's, I have joined the quest for the lost '87 250R & 350X. After searching Canada, UK & South America I have unfortunately drawn a blank.
    I currently own what I think is the only 350X (never seen another) in Australia. The bike was imported from California in '90 & a year later I bought it. I recently had it in the shop and had quite a few questions from the personnel in workshop.

There is community of ATC/ATV owners (over 150) on this island of the Queensland coast.
    If you get a chance, check it out; www.moretonventure.com (home to the worlds largest sand dunes)

It's an awesome ride.....

Keep up that great work.

NXP.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //