//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Why didn't Yamaha make a 250?

--

Why didn't Yamaha make a 250?

I love my Blaster, peppy, reliable and of course a blast to ride. But it's a little too small for me to slide around on. Hell, the power stock isn't bad at all and with some of Vito's mods it's even better. But why didn't Yamaha make a 250cc 2 stroke machine, even the no frills style of the Blaster is fine just needs to be a little bigger. I don't want a 4 stroke or 2 cylinders and cranks to deal with and the Raptor is just to big and unforgiving power for trails with occasional mx style riding. So where is the 250??
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    The idea of the Blaster was to build an entry level sport quad, at an entry level price. The motor was build to be reliable, simple and inexpensive, and its all of teh above. Youll also notice a striking resemblence between the Blaster motor, and the RT180 dirt bike motor, which was also built with the same idea in mind.

Lots_Of_Nothing is offline So bombed at TF I needed both hands to hold my beer Teaching quads a lesson
    --
    they did, the Tri-Z 250, liquid cooled.....where the hell have you been?, besides three wheelers are more fun, and its more of a thrill to beat quads with a 3 wheeler
    Give me no lip and I tell you no lie.

-TF 05' , And cant wait till 06!

--
    They didn't have a need to make one, they've had a 350 2 stroke since the '80s.
    '02 Honda 416ex - A seasoned blend of 11 herbs and spices
    '04 Honda Recon - The yard machine and snow plow
    '88 Honda CR250R - Another chapter in my torrid all terrain affair

--
    ya, I bet you would go sit on one, as soon as the owner got up for a beer, wouldnt you, just like my chair. Next Haspin, you better watch your back, you muddy shoe mother
    Haspin veteran '02, '03, '04, '05

"Hey is your dash-cam on? Are we gonna be on C.O.P.S?"

RECOVERING Trikeaholic

--
    ps, that avatar is a photoshop special, OS cant ride for beans
    Haspin veteran '02, '03, '04, '05

"Hey is your dash-cam on? Are we gonna be on C.O.P.S?"

RECOVERING Trikeaholic

OS hit the nail on the head.

WHy would you want a 250 Singel when youve got a 350 Twin>? eh--duh

--
    Yes 84R I know all about the Tri-z I'm sure it's just lovely, I was more looking for opinions on Yamaha's reason for not producing a 250cc quad. And I don't want 2 cylinders and cranks to deal with. Nor do I need the excess power in a 350cc, besides we all know Honda 250r's were the best machine ever built and eat Banshees as appetizers. Oops I think I opened up a can of worms didn't I!! Heh heh Honda Rules
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

Manufactuers dont give a rat's arse whether you want it or not!! lol

If you build it, they will ride it.......a wise man once told another wise man a couple 100 years ago.

And 250R's being the best? Yes they are the official dons of racing no doubt. Eat banshees like appetizers? Not at all. Infact its about a neck to neck race depending on the rider. If you find an unmodified Banshee or TRX R thats 12 years or older......then youve found a retirement fund.

--
    Yeah, I know - I just figured by the time I logged back on there would be 20 posts telling me I'm nuts and that Honda isn't the best and this and that are better and faster. I find it funny how we've all got different opinions! But I do just love that color RED!!

--
    <<--------I like red tooo!---Joe 8)
    The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
    85 atc350x ('05 christmas present to myself)
    84 tecate (my baby)
    84 honda 110 (lil buddy)
    81 honda 70 (daughters ride)
    86 lt250r (sold for parts) R.I.P.

--
    Honda's all the way :!: :!:
    [20:55] <waterpumper> putting a racing pipe on a Foreman is like putting a high dollar bikini on a 400 pound chick...just because it fits doesn't mean it looks cool

--
    I always wondered that myself. Having the banshee is fine, but they should have also stuck the tri-z motor right into a quad chassis to compete with the trx, lt's and t-4's.
    http://photos.yahoo.com/dynofox250 (TF 03 pic's)

Trikes: Restored '86 ATC 250r, original and mint '83 185s

Quad: '86 TRX 250r

Sled: Rev X 800ho mod

Bike: '00 ZRX 1100

TF '03 and '05 Survivor

--
    Thank you, I was hoping at least one person on this site could understand what I was trying to ask!! Just curious how awesome it would've been

--
    why not get the quad conversion kit for a tri-z and then you will have the quad you wanted lol and by the way on the banshee 250r quad race!!!!!! i bought a brand new banshee back in 2000. i kept the motor stock i ran into a guy with an orginal 250r on its orginal bore and we raced. quess what he won a few and i won a few but in all honest the next time i want to spend $6000 i am looking for a used 250r quad!!! lol hey as long as it runs i would ride it once well maybe twice

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //