//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Howdy...how to cool 200x oil....need pics!

--

Howdy...how to cool 200x oil....need pics!

Can anyone povide pics or detailed instructions on how to run an oil cooler on a 200x? 1985 to be exact! Thanks...
    Sam from Florida
    1985 BIGRED $ 200X

Howdy is offline Putting Priorities in Order, Busier than ever. Catch me if you can
    --
    Sorry I forgot, Here you go. The one picture with the fittings mounted is of the 185-200 style. The 2nd picture is where you would put it on a 200x. The 3rd picture is is for a 90/110/125m.

You need to drill the outer 2 holes to fit fittings for the oil line that goes to and from the cooler. The fittings with the hoses are in just enough to hold but yet let oil through freely. The center bolt / plug is drilled / tapped in far enough to be able to block off the oil passage. This is done to divert the oil through the outer fittings and to the oil cooler.

Caution:
    #1) Do not drill too deep. If you do drill too deep, you could drill through the cases. This would ruin your side case.
    #2) You also need to be 100% sure you drill straight and in the center of the area. This is to be sure you drill into the center of the oil passage for max oil flow.
    #3) Be sure to clean all the oil passages very well after drilling and installing the fittings. You do not want metal / dirt flowing through your oil.

I hope this helps.
    Howdy
    Last edited by Howdy; 12-30-2007 at 04:49 PM.

--
    Here is a scan of a oil cooler set up that i got from someone. It wasn't scanned very well, but might help out some. I should be able to get my hands on this exact picture and rescan it someday.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cooler.JPG  
    Last edited by hrc200x; 12-05-2004 at 09:52 PM.

--
    so you would do that and run it through an oil cooler off a 350x or what? or dose it just go from there to the head? id like to know how the rest of it works, for furter refrance,,,heh
    1985 Tri-Z-

Quote Originally Posted by mywifeknowseverything
    Just hit the Freakin Gas and Hold on!!!!!

--
    Thanks Howdy and hrc200x. Could get a clear copy of that instruction paper if you get your hands on it again? I think really any oil cooler would work but I am looking for a smaller sized one so as to not add too much oil and make it (possibly) hard on the oil pump. Maybe an xr400 or something.
    Sam from Florida
    1985 BIGRED $ 200X

--
    hcr200x can u get a good scan of the bottom part of that pick. i need like measurements and stuff to find out where to drill the holes.
    1974 atc 90 project underway cuzzztom

1985 atc 110 for sale

84 200s all original got off the first and only owner
    new carb
    maybe putting my 200x cam in it but not sure

old trike
    1985 200x
    12.1 piston
    oil cooler kit
    white bors cam
    super trapp exhaust
    uni clamp on air filter
    350x front end

--
    So on the 110, you drill 1 hole in the clutch cover, and where does the return line hook up to?
    "I am going out of this world.....the same way I came in...screaming and covered in blood."

--
    No... I'd assume you'd need the 3 holes on that section of flat. The oil pump pumps the oil through there... first hole takes to the cooler.. next one you put the 'hex' in to stop limit straight flow, and the third is where it comes back from the cooler.

Bruce
    '85 ATC350X - "Showgirl" '86 OEM plastics/Fork boots, Rear Axle/Rotor/Hubs, Hondaline Fender stabalizer/extender, Speedo/Tach, Tank cover.
    '86 ATC350X - 'Go-Go Girl'
    '82 ATC250R - 'California Girl' - Progressive springs F and R, Hondaline HL Guard, Fairing and Speedometer.
    '82 ATC250R -'Snow Bunny' Ice Racer, Very Clean, Hondaline Fairing, custom FT tire, will put in the 300R motor
    '70 US90 'Ol'Girl" - Aquarius Blue... all original seat and tires. Resto project in the future
    '85 ATC250ES-'Workin' Girl' CMP Footguard, Hondaline Mudflaps, Speedo, HL Lens, Block Heater, Work Light, Foot Peg Covers and Cooler Rack
    '85 ATC70 - All Original

'84 Yamaha 225DX - Durablue +3" axle, DR motor, New Plastics, Foot, Hand and HL Guards.
    '85 Yamahauler - Gun Rack & 'Nerf Bars'
    '85 Yamahauler - Nearly together and restored
    '83 Suzuki ALT125 - Pieces
    '89 Suzuki LT-4WD - Token Golf Cart

--
    I get it now.....very cool. I would do this to my 110, but I don't have it anymore. Here is a CHROME universal oil cooler if anyone wants to try this.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/wsleB...atergory=35568
    "I am going out of this world.....the same way I came in...screaming and covered in blood."

--
    16 years later lol is there a way you can send me a clear picture of this bud?

Howdy is offline Putting Priorities in Order, Busier than ever. Catch me if you can
    --
    I no longer have any pictures. I had a Hard drive go bad that had everything stored on it.
    Howdy

--
    this way...trx450r oil cooler into 200x cases.

Get it got it grainger

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //