//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Street legal quad ?'s

--

Street legal quad ?'s

What do you need to make a quad street legal? I know I need DOT tires, turn signals, mirrors, and a brake light/license plate holder. Does anyone know of anything else that would be necessary for a Banshee to become street legal in VA? thanks
    [20:55] <waterpumper> putting a racing pipe on a Foreman is like putting a high dollar bikini on a 400 pound chick...just because it fits doesn't mean it looks cool

Howdy is offline Putting Priorities in Order, Busier than ever. Catch me if you can
    --
    Most likely the rear axle will have to have a differential also.
    Howdy

--
    Howdy's got it, but laws vary from state to state, check your state laws.
    1986 ATC 250R(for sale), 1963 AceCraft boat w/40HP Evinrude, 1981 Arctic Cat El Tigre' 440 L/C, 1992 GMC Safari Van.

Rod is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    I am pretty sure that they need a horn too. Keep us up to date on what you find out. I have been very courious about this subject for a while.
    1985 tri-z needs a little work
    2003 400ex
    1999 yamaha warrior, for sale
    2006 yamaha raptor 700
    1986 atc 500r wrecked & mostly parted out
    1984 yamaha pw50

--
    Yeah, It would need a horn, and speedometer, but I'm almost positive that you dont need a differential. All the pics I've seen, they have the stock axle on it. Thanks
    [20:55] <waterpumper> putting a racing pipe on a Foreman is like putting a high dollar bikini on a 400 pound chick...just because it fits doesn't mean it looks cool

--
    here's some i've found on internet

---------------------------
    speed kills
    how fast you wanna go?

--
    Yeah, I've seen that too. I also saw a awesome street legal 350x w/ a 2002 XR650R engine in it. I started to drool

--
    wheel base has a lot to do with it!
    im in ny and trying to come up with a way to make a trike streetable!!!
    they make vws into trikes and vws into buggies why not 3 and 4 wheelers

old honda 200s hubs line up with mopar 4 lug rims i was told
    and kawaisaki put out a 3 wheeler with a diff. it was a klt 250 a buddy of mine had one his was red i don't remember what the name of it was.

theres a few good references for project parts...if nothing else. lol

ATCnut is offline Got The Holeshot Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    All the three wheelers I have seen with licence plates, the owner started ith a stree legal motorcycle title and fudged a little. I went to the Washington State Patrol a few years back and got the inspection requirements, was going to try to license my 185s as a minibike (like the old big tired honda 70s). I could meet all the requirements except for a differential. In the state of washington, you cannot run a solid rear axle on the roads legally.
    ATCnut

82 185s - sold
    83 200x (hopped up)
    84 200x (stock)
    84 70 (lost this one to the DMV)
    85 70 (soon to have lights, a foot brake, and CDI ignition)
    84 200es (parts trike) - sold
    85 350X (the best)
    85 350X (siezed motor, dream of a poweroll kit someday)
    85 250sx (frame was trash, got parted out)
    86 250sx (the tractor)
    86 250sx (a nicer tractor)
    86 250sx (an even nicer tractor)
    87 200x (parts trike, its really rough, a dog was chewing on it for a while)
    87 250es Big Red (the tank!!)

--
    I guess I will have to go down to the DMV and check out the rules sometime. I think some of the older Honda cars also run the 4/110 lug pattern so I could pick up some 16" rims or so ( 8) How'd ya like to see those on a quad) lmao

theeechozen1 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Here in AZ you don't really have to have everything they say, you just fill out a questionair, they ask you if you have DOT tires, turn signals, horn but they never check
    1985 YAMI TRI-Z RZ350 POWERED
    1986 250R STOCK WITH FMF & K&N
    1986 TRX70 mini golf cart

TRY AND CATCH ME.....................I HAVE MO CYLINDERS THAN YOU !!!!!

--
    I heard that there are about 4 street legal racing quads around my area, in fact i saw one about a month ago....

I want one
    Why not see a Tri-Z that has been converted to a Quad: www.dgrallying.com/quads

Would love to hear from anyone who has a Tri-Z Quad

--

How would you go about getting?

How would you go about getting that registration, title and all that paper work bullcrap?
    2003 Kawasaki KLR 250, 2000 Kawasaki KE 100, 1985 Honda ATC 125m, 1985/6 ATC 350X, 1979 Honda ATC 110. 1993 Dodge Daytona IROC V6 5 speed

--
    It depends on the state that you are in. I have seen a few street legal quads around here so there must be a way, all I have to do is find that way. I would think it would be similar to those Kit Cars which tell you how to build one from scratch. :? Also, ATCnut made a good point too.

Quote Originally Posted by ATCnut
    All the three wheelers I have seen with licence plates, the owner started ith a stree legal motorcycle title and fudged a little. I went to the Washington State Patrol a few years back and got the inspection requirements, was going to try to license my 185s as a minibike (like the old big tired honda 70s).

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //