//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Montgomery Ward T555 info and parts needed

--

Montgomery Ward T555 info and parts needed

Hey, I have what I just found out from your site is a montgomery ward T555. Im 19 now, but when I was about 12 I put the front end of a snapper lawnmower on it and then out skis on it, it was quite the contraption haha. Anyways, I was wondering where I could find some brake parts, and also throttle and brake cables? Is there any place that makes this stuff anymore? Any NOS stuff out there?

Also, if you could lead me to some more information about the thing id like that too.

Any help is appreciated

Chris

--
    also I was wondering what years these were made in, or even what DECADE haha

Billy Golightly is offline Always finding new and exciting ways to not give a hoot in hell Catch me if you can
    --
    Blog Entries
    Howdy made a page, its on the main site, www.3wheelerworld.com as far as parts, can't help you. Never really had to look for any of it. I'd guess some go-cart parts would fit over depending on what it is you need.

--
    im looking for the brake parts and also the cables

--
    You might be able to custom fab them at a machine shop or if you had your own lathe/milling machine. Didn't montgomery ward also make calculators?
    Rides:
    82 atc 200e
    83 atc 200e
    76 chevy k20 custom deluxe
    01 ford f250 diesel
    1938 Nash Lafayette
    1925 Nash Ajax
    My band:
    www.myspace.com/epicosgiliath

Howdy is offline Putting Priorities in Order, Busier than ever. Catch me if you can
    --
    I doubt you will find many ( if any ) nos parts for this machine. How ever, if my memory is correct you should be able to use a brake set up and cables from a new style Manco gocart ( TCS sells them here ). I am thinking they used the band style brakes on the T555 and on the Manco gocarts. I would think the cables might work also. You would have to check the length of the cables.

A easy way to check to see if the Manco stuff would work: If you have a TSC ( Tractor Supply Company ) near by, go and visit them. See if they have one of the gocarts in stock. If they do then compare the brake set up and such. If they match then you can order the stuff through them or do a search on the internet.

You might also go to a local Lawnmower repair shop or a gocart shop. These places should be able to either make you a cable or order one that would work.

I hope this helps. Please keep us updated on if these parts work, and where you got them ( for future people with simular questions ).

Thanks
    Howdy

--
    Yeah, the other day I was at TSC looking at the 4-Wheelers for sale outside and noticed they were new Mancos.

http://www.mancoprod.com/Products/atv/talon.htm
    1986 Tecate
    1984 Tecate
    1985 Tri-Z
    1986 ATC350X
    1985 ATC250R (2)
    1985 ATC125M (2)
    1982 ATC70 - Original Owner

175 TriMoto Frame with Pro-Tec Rear Suspension

3-Wheelin' since '82

--
    thanks for the great leads guys! Yes they are the band style brakes

ive been trying to get the cables made from the only local place that makes them, its been over 4 years now, quite ridiculous

do you guys know what years these were produced?

Thanks
    Chris

--

Wards T555 parts

Hello,
    I am currently restoring my T555 that my Dad bought for us in '71 when I graduated from high school. I got the components to reproduce the brake cable from Azuza Engineering in California. They look exact. Most of the parts you will need can be found on line and if you need direction you are welcome to e-mail me. I have stripped and powder coated the frame on this machine.(I am a powder coatings chemist). The green is Lawn Boy's Turf Green. The serial number on my machine is 27X0325 hte serial number on the owners manual I copied on line is 27X2616 so that will give you some idea of the numbers of the machine Central States Tool and Die was making for Wards.

Bill Reely
    reely@unique-software.com

--

T555 THROTTLE & Brake Cables

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Reely View Post
    Hello,
    I am currently restoring my T555 that my Dad bought for us in '71 when I graduated from high school. I got the components to reproduce the brake cable from Azuza Engineering in California. They look exact. Most of the parts you will need can be found on line and if you need direction you are welcome to e-mail me. I have stripped and powder coated the frame on this machine.(I am a powder coatings chemist). The green is Lawn Boy's Turf Green. The serial number on my machine is 27X0325 hte serial number on the owners manual I copied on line is 27X2616 so that will give you some idea of the numbers of the machine Central States Tool and Die was making for Wards.

Bill Reely
    Hi Bill...
    I'm doing the same with my 71 Deluxe Model my Dad's Father bought and road when he was 87 years old.
    I just got a great deal on a Honda GX390
    (real, not China)...$599, no tax, free shipping and PayPal 0%/6months.
    You can't use the same TC on a 13hp (11.7) can you?
    Are there any universal Brake & Throttle Cables that fit?
    Thanks Bill. Marty

--

T555 THROTTLE & Brake Cables

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Reely View Post
    Hello,

Bill Reely
    Hi Bill...
    I'm doing the same with my 71 Deluxe Model my Dad's Father bought and road when he was 87 years old.
    I just got a great deal on a Honda GX390
    (real, not China)...$599, no tax, free shipping and PayPal 0%/6months.
    You can't use the same TC on a 13hp (11.7) can you?
    Are there any universal Brake & Throttle Cables that fit?
    Thanks Bill. Marty

--
    I'm restoring the T555 Deluxe Model my Dad's Father bought in 1971..Pop Pop was 87 when he bought it.
    Any Universal Brake and Throttle cables?
    And I'm sure I can't use the TC that was on the 5hp B&S with the Honda GX390...(real, not Chinese) can I?
    Thanks One and All, Marty

--
    When I built mine, I bought the longest pre-built cables I could get from www.ombwarehouse.com and they are JUST BARELY long enough. All the minibike trike guys I spoke to said that you need to make your own cables to go longer. I'll check the lengths next time I'm in the garage. Heres a pick. You can see how the cables hang:

--
    Thanks T44..Looks Great. I'll check them out.
    I see some online that look like they might be long enough, but they don't have the 2 nuts to tighten in front of the spring.
    Where did you find your Throttle cable?
    Last edited by MDF; 02-25-2021 at 08:29 PM. Reason: Spelling

--
    Thanks T44..Looks Great. I'll check them out.
    I see some online that look like they might be long enough, but they don't have the 2 nuts to tighten in front of the spring.
    Where did you find your Throttle cable?
    Last edited by MDF; 02-25-2021 at 10:54 PM.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //