//ArrowChat Code

Thread: ok, 230 wont run, super mecanics only need respond

--

ok, 230 wont run, super mecanics only need respond

got spark, compression, gas, wont fire. what should I check? coil? "brain box"? spark seems OK, sometimes big, sometimes not so big....................................
    Haspin veteran '02, '03, '04, '05

"Hey is your dash-cam on? Are we gonna be on C.O.P.S?"

RECOVERING Trikeaholic

--
    try a different plug, then try shootin ether thru the carb. if that wont fire up then you have elec. issues

catfishwhisker is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    Alway's start with the little things first, because most of the time that's all it is. First, try a "new" plug. If still nothing, check the coil wire and cap. Then check all the electrical connections and the switches. If everything is getting a good connection, then you may have to go a little farther, like checking the stator, cdi, coil etc. 9 times out of 10, it's always something simple. Let us know what you find.
    Still looking for an "original" TC dual plug head for a 200X!

--
    tried different plugs, and like I said, it has spark, but I will try again, its a good workout trying to get that POS to run.
    Haspin veteran '02, '03, '04, '05

"Hey is your dash-cam on? Are we gonna be on C.O.P.S?"

RECOVERING Trikeaholic

--
    Just for giggles, turn off the gas and kick it full throttle a few hundred times just to make sure its not flooded. When you put that thing back together, are you sure you put the timing chain back on the right teeth?.
    J. Jonny D, --- Quad - Trike relations committee Chairman and all around swell guy.

Rides: '91 Warrior, '87 TW200, 1984 YTM225DX, 1984 ATC125M, '71 CL350 Scrambler

--

won't start

just one question. have you set the valve lash? :shock:

Jonathan is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Did you check the ignition timing? That kept my 200x from running once, it was like 180 degrees off.
    I like motorbikes!

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //