//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Trikefest Shirts-Ideas and input

Billy Golightly is offline Always finding new and exciting ways to not give a hoot in hell Catch me if you can
    --
    Blog Entries

Trikefest Shirts-Ideas and input

Something tells me TF05 is going to really grow beyond what we have seen so far ( 2 or 3 times bigger ). I know we need to get the shirts designed asap, and so we can get a good idea on per shirt cost. I think we should add $2-4 per shirt so that we can cover the other items for TF. I personally think $12 for a specialty shirt is cheap ( I paid $25 for one at a concert once ). If I can get them made for $7 a shirt, the $5 profit per shirt would cover trophies and such.
    Howdy

Ok, thats good info. I sent swinehart a PM about cooking again too, I suggested perhaps an x amount of dollars donation from each person to help cover his costs. I know thats got to be expensive doing that. I really want to have a kickass Trikefest shirt. That 350X shirt you won on ebay has a very nice graphic on it. Maybe we could incorporate that with a graphic i have on one of my old shirts along with some text to get it done. Some of the shirts I got have awesome graphics on them, but they are in youth sizes. Perhaps what I need to do is take a few of them with me into a printing store here in town and find out how much it would cost to get the graphics converted into a digital form, that way we can use them on the shirts anyway we want to. I might be able to do that later this afternoon when I come into town.

Billy

Here are the shirts I was talking about. I plan on taking these into a graphics place this afternoon and telling them my idea, see how much it would cost to get these graphics re-produced in an editable form on the computer. My idea is to take the big H with Honda ATC logo, and kind of come up with something similar to that with a 3 big, and wheeler and then world on it. Run .com vertically down one side of it or something. Use that as a front pocket logo, or something like it. Howdy also just won a shirt on ebay that has a 350X jumping on it that is very cool. Perhaps between the both of us we can get something made up on a new shirt.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	shirt1.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	79.3 KB 
ID:	5747   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	shirt2.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	80.3 KB 
ID:	5748   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	shirt3.jpg 
Size:	63.5 KB 
ID:	5749   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	shirt4.jpg 
Size:	93.4 KB 
ID:	5750  

--
    Who is handling the T-shirts? Howdy did it last year, but he might welcome somebody covering that responsibility too. Im with you about raising the price on them a little bit. Nobody is making persoanl profit from it, and there is nothing wrong with having a little more money to work with the following year for such things as promotion, advertising, tropihies and or other prizes, and site maintenance.

As for John, Ive got some ideas. Our church did safety breaks at the rest areas to raise money, where we offer coffee, drinks and snacks at a rest area from a concession trailer. We were not allowed to sell them. How did we make money? We accepted donations in a big jar in plain site. Almost everybody who got something tossed in a donation, and we found that we made a lot more money from donations than we would have by selling the stuff at market prices. The hardest part will be getting John to go along with it, but it bothers most of us that he goes to the trouble expense, and we cant help him out with it. Id like to see a big donation jar by the serving table for the food fund.

Billy Golightly is offline Always finding new and exciting ways to not give a hoot in hell Catch me if you can
    --
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TimSr
    Who is handling the T-shirts? Howdy did it last year, but he might welcome somebody covering that responsibility too. Im with you about raising the price on them a little bit. Nobody is making persoanl profit from it, and there is nothing wrong with having a little more money to work with the following year for such things as promotion, advertising, tropihies and or other prizes, and site maintenance.

As for John, Ive got some ideas. Our church did safety breaks at the rest areas to raise money, where we offer coffee, drinks and snacks at a rest area from a concession trailer. We were not allowed to sell them. How did we make money? We accepted donations in a big jar in plain site. Almost everybody who got something tossed in a donation, and we found that we made a lot more money from donations than we would have by selling the stuff at market prices. The hardest part will be getting John to go along with it, but it bothers most of us that he goes to the trouble expense, and we cant help him out with it. Id like to see a big donation jar by the serving table for the food fund.

Thats what I had in mind pretty much, just a big donation jar where someone can slip something in. I know that buying that much food (And hell, spending the time preparing it too!) isn't a cheap or easy thing to do. I just dont want him to get stuck with it and feel like he's obligated to always do it. After TF04 I told him that this year I would like to try and help out with the cooking if I can any to try and ease his burden.

On the shirts, Howdy and I were just talking about them in those emails. I can try and do it if you guys want. I'm in town now at my moms office, I'm going to run a few of those shirts by the graphics place in an hour or so and see what I can find out. I will report back with any information I found out about them.

--
    Blog Entries
    Well the printing guy wont mess with them because they are copy righted, even though they are more then 20 years old and they havent sold any in probably that same length of time. Scrap that idea I guess.

--
    What do you think about selcting a photo from the 04 CD to work with?

--
    Blog Entries
    It could work, but I was thinking something more along the lines of an action graphic. Real photo's work OK, but they dont seem to turn out that well on shirts (In my opinon).

--
    Blog Entries
    I just remembered Mik6 is doing some part time in a graphics shop, I'm gonna PM him right now and and give him a link to here.

--
    I'll gladly pay more for a T shirt, just do me one favor and make it 100% cotton. The 50/50 blends are hot as hell. If you can send me the design I can get you a price from the place that makes our work shirts. There is a 1 time fee for didgtizing and then the shirts are about 5-7$ each.
    Last edited by 200xman; 01-27-2005 at 07:30 PM. Reason: addition

Lots O Trikes!!!!!
    TRIKEFEST 03, 04, 05, 07, 09 Going the distance

--
    i have never been a big fan of the group pic on the shirts. I say you stick with a cartoon type image. Like myMullet87's I mean myMInt87's cartoon drawings....LOL
    Haspin veteran '02, '03, '04, '05

"Hey is your dash-cam on? Are we gonna be on C.O.P.S?"

RECOVERING Trikeaholic

--
    May I suggest long sleeve?
    www.3wheeler.org

* * * Nothing scares me more than someone who knows, with certainty, what is best for me * * *

--
    Blog Entries
    What I really need in this point in time is a digital version of the graphics that are on these shirts. Then I can manipulate them enough that there wont be copy right problems, I can add the Trikefest text, ect. 200xman, If I sent you one of these shirts, Do you think that place could do it and how long do you think it would take?

Holic, What do you think about those graphics I posted that are on the old Hondaline shirts? I think they are pretty neat myself and with a little bit of modifying could make a whoopass shirt.

--
    Forgive me if I keep posting my opinions on everything but, I kind of like the design on the stickers for the front and something like " I survived TrikeFest `05" by 3ww etc. on the back. Kind of catchy and makes people say "what is this trikefest?"

I don't really care for the photo's either. I will say that where ever they were made, mine is wearing great. No fading, or peeling... and I wear it every week!
    2007 YAMAHA YTZ450 went to a great home RIP Sam

--
    Blog Entries
    Its ok Derrick, that what this forum is here for to get some other ideas and get stuff figured out. Which sticker design do you mean, the little square ones that has the trike wheelying? If thats in black big on the back on an ash grey shirt with some writing around it, that might look pretty cool. Good idea.

--
    Derrick has a great idea! The photos just dont show well. I feel we should have an original design that is 2005, not a re-hash of old stuff, kinda to show that TRIKES LIVE ON!. just a thought. Yea, I was a marketing major in college. but then my ideas are kinda over most peoples heads so you guys do what ya want.............
    Haspin veteran '02, '03, '04, '05

"Hey is your dash-cam on? Are we gonna be on C.O.P.S?"

RECOVERING Trikeaholic

--
    Yes, the little square one. I like that with a catchy saying about trike fest, or something referring to the website.. Like Holic says.
    2007 YAMAHA YTZ450 went to a great home RIP Sam

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //