//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Time schedule

--

Time schedule

I don't know how you (the organizers of TrikeFest) feel about where TF is heading. If you want to keep it semi-informal or if you are gearing more toward a structured event. With the extra exposure from DirtWheels (which I personally don't see as any difference, but everyone else is excited about it), I think a schedule of events posted on the boards before TF would be great, so everyone can make plans according to what they would like to participate in.

Obviously the days and indiana times of the MX races and Drag races would be great, as well as I would like to suggest, possibly a time for a ride to the "Backbone" and the saturday supper that Swinehart is having (with his permission). Also the group photo will want to be in there.

The other thing I would like to suggest is that we organize a group meeting (possibly after supper on Saturday) at the main building, in the cafeteria/meeting room (what ever that is in there). This would give us a time to get in out of the dust and weather, distribute trophys, plaques, awards, etc. to everyone, so everyone gets a chance to see who received them. Also, to recognize individuals efforts and contributions. Not to mention that it will give everyone the opportunity to put faces with names from the board. Lastly, if someone happens to be around from any atv media, this would really show that we are a class act.

TrikeFest has a proven track record and it's only going to grow. This is just my suggestion and I've really been wondering whether I should even post this. So, if this is not suitable to you, feel free to delete this post.
    2007 YAMAHA YTZ450 went to a great home RIP Sam

--
    Good idea Derrick. I missed the MX races last year, (got drunk and stuck in the mud) I know it was my fault, but had I had the times burned into my head I would have remembered LOL. I would hate to miss the group photo as well.

MIK6 / Mike
    TECATE RIDER, HASPIN SURVIVOR!!
    Trikefest 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 and beyond
    RAFFAs Ice-fest 09, 10, 11, 13, 14, 15
    Pensyltucky 09, 12, 13, 14, 15
    New England Ride 4/13

Billy Golightly is offline Always finding new and exciting ways to not give a hoot in hell Catch me if you can
    --
    Blog Entries
    I was considering the exact same thing, for a lack of a better term, maybe we need a bunch of program like fliers sitting at the front desk by Pete whenever someone signs in. They can pick one up with the MX race, Drag race, backbone, group photo, dinner, ect times along with some other filler materials. Make it one of those trifold brochure deal thingies. What do you guys think about that?

--
    I think that's a good idea, but I think it would be very important to have it up on the website before hand, so people will have plenty of advance to make plans.

--
    Actually I had nice big signs made last year. Unfortuneatly the pavillion was filled with campers, and we were all scattered, so they pretty much were posted on my trailer. I dont think we will have that problem this year, and they will be posted in the pavillion. Last year we did Drags on Friday beginning at 7:00pm local time. We did MX on Saturday at 1:00, and we did group photo Saturday at 5:00 pm followed by the Swinehart feast. (I still have the signs) Im gonna suggest that we reserve a camp spot for John next to the pavillion for his convenience, and have the Swinehart feast in the pavillion. It funny Derrick mentioned this, but I was just thinking exactly that, about following the feast with presentation of awards.

Howdy is offline Putting Priorities in Order, Busier than ever. Catch me if you can
    --
    My opinion on Trikefest is it needs some sence of Schedule ( we had one last year as TimSr mentioned ). I think we went by Indiana time also. Being as we will have people from many different time zones coming this will help avoid confusion. I think we should have a clock hung up in the Pavillion so everyone knows the correct time.

semi-informal or if you are gearing more toward a structured event
    With a schedule of events riders / watchers can decide on what they want to do and they would know what time the different things start. A schedule would also show that Trikefest is a organized get together. But it can be informal also, say someone doesn't want to go to the Drags, they can go trail riding, Hang around camp, socialize, ride the mx tracks, ect.

I know we need to make up a Printable brochure. We will get this done as soon as we get everything set into place. I also think we will get a some more attendies do to it being in DirtWheels. How many more? It's anybody's guess at this point. It's best to prepare for more people to show up then to be caught off guard.
    Howdy

--
    Anybody who comes because of Dirt Wheels will probably come to this site first. Is there a practical way to figure out if new site members are here as a result of the Dirt Wheels article like as a poll when they signup or anything like that?

Last year I was shooting for scheduled events with plenty of free time in between for trail riding.

--
    Sorry to post a useless post but it's mind blowing how much this has grown sence I was there in 02. We all showed up and did whatever and now we need a schedule. That's pretty amazing if you think about it!!!
    '02 Honda 416ex - A seasoned blend of 11 herbs and spices
    '04 Honda Recon - The yard machine and snow plow
    '88 Honda CR250R - Another chapter in my torrid all terrain affair

Billy Golightly is offline Always finding new and exciting ways to not give a hoot in hell Catch me if you can
    --
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TimSr
    Anybody who comes because of Dirt Wheels will probably come to this site first. Is there a practical way to figure out if new site members are here as a result of the Dirt Wheels article like as a poll when they signup or anything like that?

Last year I was shooting for scheduled events with plenty of free time in between for trail riding.

Tim I've already started see a traffic increase on the site and on the forum. The forum had about 30,000 visits which is an individual computer last month (Jan) December we only had 24k The site had 56,000 visits last month, and in December it had 48,000. I've already seen one guy sign the guestbook and say he seen it in an atv mag. I think its pretty clear that there will be (and already is to a point) a substantial increase in traffic, which is a good thing

On the schedule part, I guess we might as well start working on it for sure.

Friday: Devils Backbone group ride, 5:00PM
    Friday: Evening Drag races, 7:00PM (Should we maybe start a little earlier? I know we quit last year sometime around 9:00 I think because it was getting dark).

Saturday: Motocross races, 1:00PM
    Saturday: Group Picture, 5:00PM
    Saturday: Group Meet, 5:30? (Might be a good time to do the group meet thing while everyone is together for the picture? Just a thought Maybe we should do the meet and then the group photo instead of vice versa).
    Saturday: Evening Dinner, 6:30-7:00PM (However long swinehart, Brian and crew need to get things done after the meet).

--
    Honda ATC, I think your close on the schedule, but I would change it a little.

Friday: Devils Backbone group ride, 3:00PM - 4:30PM (I could easily see this taking the better part of 1 1/2hrs. By the time we all get back there and start filming, etc.)

Friday: Evening Drag Races, 6:00PM - 9:00PM (This will give Howdy and the rest of the Volunteers time to get the track prepped and the video equipment set-up after the hill climbs and the rest of the guys a chance to take a break/ prep bikes etc. Still have 3 hours of daylight for filming. Once the sun starts setting, video footage becomes terrible. Also IF there is anyone from a mag. there you want good pictures!)

Saturday: Motocross Races 1:00PM
    Saturday: Group Picture, 5:00PM
    Saturday: Chef Swineharts "TrikeFeast", 5:30PM
    Saturday: Group Meeting & Awards Presentation, 7:00PM - 8:30PM

It seems you guys are kind of leaning toward having our "meeting" in the pavilion, which IMO is a bad idea. I think it would be much better inside the main room of the building.(Provided it's not 100 degrees!) If you can imagine 100 people crowded around the pavilion, trying to hear, with motorcycles and atv's flying around. Just don't think it will work out too well. Just my opinion.

Looking good!!!!!

--
    Blog Entries
    Alright guys, I'm working on our brochure/schedule thing right now. I'm going to go with the dates and times Derrick has posted unless anyone has any objections.

--
    The times look good, but Im for doing awards at the pavillion. We will already be there, and wont have to move everybody up to the building. Hopefully everyone will have the courtesy to not run bikes around the pavillion while we are doing it, but if they dont, we can knock them off and beat them up.

We did need to move the drags up to 6:00. Last year we started at 7:00 not realizing they had new time limits on riding. We can Trophy Runoff at about 8:30. It will be two or three races tops, and shouldnt take more than about 15 minutes.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //