//ArrowChat Code
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: How to power valve your Tri-Z

--
    dang, sounds wicked, but then you have to run the backwards kicker dont ya? or can you use the tri-z case on it??
    1985 Tri-Z-

Quote Originally Posted by mywifeknowseverything
    Just hit the Freakin Gas and Hold on!!!!!

--
    Use the Tri Z kick gears, or mod the YZ ones and wah-lah.

--
    I ran Brandon 9 times. Everytime I beat him by a couple bike lengths, but he was having traction problems and I wasn't. I'm running a 13 tooth front sprocket, and you have to slip the clutch to take off. So obviously there are some tuning issues.

I'm going to swap out my DG pipe next. Every since I put that damn thing on it has no low-end sack. I have that other pipe I just bought, i'm going to try on it. As well as a real nice stocker. When I ran my stock pipe on the Tri-Z engine, it ripped! TONS of torque, but I stuck with the DG because it cost me soo much...

I used my Tri-Z bottom end because I know the tranny is good, as far as I can tell the crank and gears are all the same, so if I swap out the flywheel and ignition I should be right back to stock YZ. I also need to find a bigger carb, I'm sure that 36mm is too small.

Both of you guys are running the YZ ignition right? I know on the 250R the big upgrade is the CR ignition, so that maybe the same case here. Also, there is a HUGE difference in size of the flywheels. I'll get that swapped out toom and see what it does.

I'll do some testing tommorrow. See if I can get this thing running better.
    2007 YAMAHA YTZ450 went to a great home RIP Sam

--
    i have the yz ignition setup, but run a lightened z flywheel, i ride at night sometimes, and the dg is all bottom end, they are good for bottom to mid, try a jemco pipe for top end, they are left side outframe for top end hit, and they are in houston texas,the only drag pipe for a z still made TODAY!!!!
    1985 With "86" Plastic's,Custom 12" Alluminum Extended Swing Arm,39MM PWK,"TRX" Filter,9 Paddle TALLER HALLER'S on 11" Wide Rim's,LOT'S of Stainless,LOT'S of Alluminum,LOT'S of PowderCoating,NOTHING Stock..

FASTEST Tri-Z on The Planet...MAKE A NOTE !! and the SECOND FASTEST, WRITE IT DOWN AGAIN!!!

--
    I'll tell you what, everybody says the DG pipe is low-end to mid. That's why I bought one. But mine isn't! I think someone forgot to add the low-end to it! LOL.. It bogs down low, no matter how I set up the carb and hits like gang busters in the mid range, then peters off again up top. (although I did notice more top end with the PV motor)

The pipe actually isn't too bad for drag racing, because it's real predictable off take off. I can pretty much lean forward, revv it alittle and dump the clutch. By the time the pipe hits, the bike is rolling fast enough not to spin and it just carries the wheel in 2nd. Never has a problem spinning, although it does hook too good some times.

We'll see how this other pipe works out. I really need more low-end to race MX with this thing. It just doesn't pull out of the turns at all.

How are you running at night with no headlight wiring? The YZ doesn't have any of that does it?

--
    Im running a tryke ignition on mine.. its a PVL style, no provision for lights, and if you ever come across one..... get it! I wish I had a couple more.

--
    You werent on it much at Galion, but did you think mine had any low end?

--
    I don't want to talk about it!!!!!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Derrick Adams
    I don't want to talk about it!!!!!
    LOL! I give all the credit to a top end job done at Wiseco by people who really know what they are doing, and do a job complete and right. I had no "performance" work done, but they cleaned up the porting as a standard part of a resleeving job. When I rode yours I thought it was pretty good at the bottom, but that was after riding mine with a shot top end for quite a while. Most DG pipes for most models are pretty much stock replacements. I sure wouldnt characterize it as "low end pipe" though I did see some low end gains on my TriZ, nothing drastic though.

I probably should have rode a lap on yours at the HS. If you werent getting low end, I dont think it was a pipe problem for your original TriZ motor. I dont know much about the powervalve motor, but I do understand how they work, (basically a varaible exhaust) and just based on theory, I would think that a pipe designed for a non-powervalved motor would give different results on a powervalved motor. Since a powervalve cannot increase exhaust flow, and can only restrict it, which is where your low end comes from, I would think a top end pipe would be a better place to work from on a powervalved motor for overall best results. Again, I have no experience with it but it sounds logical to me. Id give that unidentified pipe a try, just to see what happens. It appears to be low end/midrange oriented. I would then try the stock pipe, which is petty much a top end pipe and see what happens. Only experimeentation will tell, but I think your going to get your best results from a top end pipe, even on low end.

--
    has any one tried just usin the YZ pipe on the PV YZ motor?
    1985 Tri-Z-

--
    Quote Originally Posted by My trike Sucks
    has any one tried just usin the YZ pipe on the PV YZ motor?
    Works great on a YZ, but its not an option as soon as you put that motor in the TriZ chassis.

--
    i did, it fits, it rubs the frame alittle, bolts to the muffler, but i didnt like the paint on my frame getting rubbed off
    1985 With "86" Plastic's,Custom 12" Alluminum Extended Swing Arm,39MM PWK,"TRX" Filter,9 Paddle TALLER HALLER'S on 11" Wide Rim's,LOT'S of Stainless,LOT'S of Alluminum,LOT'S of PowderCoating,NOTHING Stock..

FASTEST Tri-Z on The Planet...MAKE A NOTE !! and the SECOND FASTEST, WRITE IT DOWN AGAIN!!!

--
    so then what do you guys run on the PV motor? top end pipes?
    1985 Tri-Z-

--
    We all run the same DG pipe. Probably the only stock shape pipe still made for the Z.

--
    for woods i run dg, for drag i run jemco, this is tri-shees' bike , not mine
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails tri-shee.jpg  

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //