//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What Trophies and Awards do We Want?

--

What Trophies and Awards do We Want?

How generous we can be with them will first depend on trophy costs, and how much money we have to work with. More discussion is necessary as to what we want to award them for.
    The easy one is MX, and I think going back 2 or 3 places in each class, and something for every one of the kids who participate is in order.
    For drags Im thinking maybe we can just end it with a quick runoff of the fastest guys (by then we will know who has a shot at it, no need to run everybody for runoff) which shouldnt be more than three or four runs at best, and go out to the top 3, 4 or 5 maybe.
    Howdy had mentioned something about the best show and the craziest rider at the drags. Im not sure if they would not be one in the same. Im kind of thinking maybe it should be not just the drags, but maybe for the weekend rather than just the drags. It could be voted by everyone after the Swinehart feast at the pavillion on Saturday eve. I was thinking along the same lines as showmanship, which could be for anything that happened at Trikefest, on the trails, tracks, or wherever. Ive got a feeling the craziest rider is also most eligible for this one. Maybe "most memorable trike incident" for that "guy who did something we will never let him forget." I also think that since this is also about trike history that we should do a few bike show awards. I was thinking nicest orginal trike, (orginal means as it came from the factory) and nicest non-original trike which would cover those ones with all the chrome, fancy rims, and other external modifications. This too could be voted by all the people attending.

I considered making an "Armchair Racer" award but nobody wants to win that one!

Howdy is offline Putting Priorities in Order, Busier than ever. Catch me if you can
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by TimSr
    I considered making an "Armchair Racer" award but nobody wants to win that one!
    I could win this one. lmao But I could just as easily loose it!
    Howdy

--
    Here's what I have so far:

Motocross: 5- 1st place, 5- 2nd place, 5- 3rd place (won)
    Drag races: 1- 1st place, 1- 2nd place, 1- 3rd place (won)
    King of the Hill: 1 (voted)
    Best of Show: 1 (voted)
    Best Original Trike: 1 (voted)
    Best Modified Trike: 1 (voted)
    Most memorable TF incident: 1 (voted)
    TF Loose Cannon: 1 (voted)
    Best Sportsmanship: 1 (voted)
    Longest Distance Traveled: (won)
    Last edited by Derrick Adams; 02-14-2005 at 01:40 PM.
    2007 YAMAHA YTZ450 went to a great home RIP Sam

3leggeddog is offline The sun shines on a dogs ass every now and then Got the holeshot
    --
    how about a planned wheelie contest just for $#!^ 's and giggles,maybe just a plaque
    for that,or just braggin rights.also i think that a certificate of participation for the kids
    that join in on the mx races would be great.of course trophies for the top 3,but if we have more kids than that they should get a certificate.now on the king of the hill how will you vote,by who climbed it easiest,fastest,or what.i'm kinda confused there,maybe for that we can do a stopwatch timed run.but i don't think climbing is about how fast
    you can get up the hill,but more about how you attack hill,the lines you choose,and how challenging it was for that individual.thats a hard one to vote.

other then those suggestions i think you guys are doing awesome,thanks for doin this
    Full Walsh CRF 450 hybrid 250r

--
    It will be easy enough to vote on. There will be someone that does something spectacular, don't worry.

--
    You know, I thought I should chime in here - being that I am going to win most of them and all. I prefere large, heavy and expensive please . Thank you.

... ah yes .... I like alot of Derrick's ideas ......... definitely some non-race trophies should be in there, thats VERY cool in my book. I would however like to add in one for "Fastest Polaris" or at least "Fastest Automatic" (ha ha), since I'm 99% sure I'll at least win that since I'm also 99% sure I suck at MX.
    how about a planned wheelie contest just for $#!^ 's and giggles
    .... you might as well just engrave Tri-Z Jim's name on it now ...........
    J. Jonny D, --- Quad - Trike relations committee Chairman and all around swell guy.

Rides: '91 Warrior, '87 TW200, 1984 YTM225DX, 1984 ATC125M, '71 CL350 Scrambler

--
    I love this idea. How about making the most memorable moment award be a web vote from the year befor? I think that would keep some people coming back (not that they don't already).
    I agree w/ Wickedfinger, put Zjims name on the wheelie/ bicycle award. I got a auto for you Wickedfinger on the strip LOL.

MIK6 / Mike
    TECATE RIDER, HASPIN SURVIVOR!!
    Trikefest 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 and beyond
    RAFFAs Ice-fest 09, 10, 11, 13, 14, 15
    Pensyltucky 09, 12, 13, 14, 15
    New England Ride 4/13

--
    "Fastest Automatic" (ha ha), since I'm 99% sure I'll at least win that
    You know, everytime I say that, theres always somebody who shows up with nitros or an 80hp Stage 4 400L.
    J. Jonny D, --- Quad - Trike relations committee Chairman and all around swell guy.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Wickedfinger
    You know, everytime I say that, theres always somebody who shows up with nitros or an 80hp Stage 4 400L.
    TimJr will smoke you with his E-Ton 90!

Billy Golightly is offline Always finding new and exciting ways to not give a hoot in hell Catch me if you can
    --
    Blog Entries
    I would kind of also like to see a "Longest Distance Traveled" award, as a plaque.

3leggeddog is offline The sun shines on a dogs ass every now and then Got the holeshot
    --
    looks like i got to hunt tri-z jim down for a wheelie contest then.should atleast be entertaining.when wheelies don't go right,it makes for some good video!!!!
    Full Walsh CRF 450 hybrid 250r

--
    I like the idea of longest distance traveled, too. Those guys really deserve recognition!

TriZ-Jim will have to do it on his TriZ though!

--
    TimJr will smoke you with his E-Ton 90!
    ... he's on .... if I cant take his old man, I'll settle for the product of his loins!.

--
    MAN.....i want to to to trikefest SSSSSSOOOOOOOOOO bad. It sucks that i wont have my licence . I am restoring my dads old 78 chevy w/ him..so ill have that do take my first year! IT FITS THE R AND M plus a dirtbike. maybe i can coax someone from up here to take me!!
    1983 250R ~ 1984 125M ~ 1990 POWER WHEELS!! trike

--
    If you have any more ideas, speak up! I'm going to get these coming. Check the list of the ones we have, any other opinions?

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //