//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Ebay auctions, and ending early.

--
    The guy that was selling them is a peice of trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro!! I e-mailed him and all he did was lie, he told me they were stolen. Yeah, they were stolen from the bidders!!!!! not from him.
    1985 YAMAHA TRI-Z 250 sold

2006 YFZ 450

--

Whew!

Hey guys, I'm sorry if I stirred up such a stink here.

When I make an offer to someone to end an auction early, 99% of the time it's for something I need soon or IMMEDIATELY.
    AND.....I offer a more-than-FAIR price.
    No low-balling here.
    I'm not going to waste a seller's time with a stupid offer.
    It sounds like you've dealt with some real losers.

BUT.....If the seller is reputable and closes early, so what?
    He gets his money, I get my part.
    No fuss, no muss.
    Everyone is happy.
    If Ebay thinks this practice is a problem, they need to eliminate that option for the seller (close an auction early).

It still amazes me that folks bid on an item early in the auction.
    Weird, just plain weird.
    The buyer is merely "shooting himself in the foot" by raising the price and starting a bidding war with early bidding.
    Why in the world would you want to pay more than you have to?
    Whew! It boggles my mind.
    Sorry if that offends a seller but that's how Ebay works.
    Early bidders are the seller's best friend.
    I watch an item until the last hour and check the price at that point.
    If it's too high, I was not meant to have it.
    If it's still in my price range, I wait until the last minute to bid.

--
    Yeah, I was talking about those shrouds. Id like to know what Dan gave for them. Im sure more then I would of, because Im not a Maier fan really. I was looking for some to airbrush on, because it would be a shame to paint on a good set of Yamaha ones that are in great shape to begin with.

I just like to wait until there is 2-3 days left on an item before I bid. That way I know exactly how much I can spend, and make up my mind 100%. There has been a few times I have bid early, then retracted my bid because I changed my mind or found the same thing for a better price, or in nicer condition for a little more. Im not one of those, wait till the last 3 minutes and try to snipe guys, but I usually watch my auctions close, and pay in full within seconds of it closing (unless it ends during the day when Im at work)

250SX is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by twgranger
    It is BS when they end the auction early!!! I think 250SX was SCARED that the price on the shrouds would go higher than he was willing to pay so he asked to end the auction with probably a low shitty offer.
    Get over it dude. If you wanted them that bad you should have made him an offer. Why would I want to give other people the chance to make me pay more if I didn't have to? That's about the dumbest thing I've heard in a while.

I told him straight up that they'd probably bring more if he let it run, but I was right there with cash in hand making an offer on the whole shooting match and he didn't want to fool with it all. Now I have some tri-z frames & a yt125 I have no use for, but it was a package deal.

Apparently you managed to win a new friend with this guy since he's already called me to ask what crawled up the trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro of some of these "ebay people" who're going psycho over these auctions.

--
    I got my '85 350X off ebay, got the seller to end it early for $1500! This was just last year. Sellers can save a few $$ on ebay fees, but you can also screw yourself too. I almost never end auctions early, but I have gotten some good deals from sellers who did!
    Attached Images Attached Images

--
    I agree with TimSr. I've had people offer me almost half for what I wanted for my ramcharger then they had the balls to start the bidding in reverse because they didn't have that amount to start with then it needed a new exhaust, the trim on the door was missing (needed new plastic clips that were included in the deal) then it needed a new battery(not!) then it needed a new paintjob because of the mismatch little spot of spray can paint so it wouldn't rust beyond a few rock pits ..... Damn!! I would end up paying them to take it!! I told them to get bent. I sold it a few days later for what I was asking for.

StangLX302 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    There are some legit reasons for ending early though. Case in point: I "won" a 200x carb (or so it was advertised as one) from a seller. It came to my house and I looked it over and it looked okay. I then put my original carb up for auction. A few days later, I had 3 or 4 bids on it. I then went to order a rebuild kit for the "200x" carb. When I looked up the numbers on the side of it, it turned out not to be a 200x carb, but just a standard 200s carb (basically the same as the 185s).
    Well, my original one worked fine and I wanted to re-install it so that I wouldn't have any down time. I didn't want to put the 200s carb on my trike, why bother?, so I had to end early as "item is no longer available."
    1981 Honda ATC 185s
    -DG Exhaust
    -200x Carb
    -Uni Filter
    -Air filter box removed
    -10T Front Sprocket
    -Plastic fuel tank
    -Aftermarket seat
    -200s front forks/shocks
    -Aftermarket 4 bolt rear wheels
    -Tire chains when ice riding

1988 Ford Mustang LX 5.0L
    -Wayyyy too much to list!!!

--
    So you just like to buy other carbs, when the one you have work fine? Then turn around and rebuild the other one you just bought?

Either Im reading your post wrong, you didnt explain well enough, or the last option.. your a few sandwiches short of a picnic.
    Last edited by CHAINSAW; 02-06-2005 at 11:29 PM.

--
    Or a few CARBS short of an Atkins diet, or a few JETS short of an airshow, or a few FLOATS short of a river trip, or a few NEEDLES short of a church sewing club, or a few CHOKES short of a chicken. Sorry I couldn't hold back.
    Wikipedia "All Terrain Vehicle" Definition excerpt
    Other smaller or lesser known companies, such as Tiger ATV, Franks, and Cagiva, produced racing three wheelers, but in much smaller numbers. Few of these machines are known to exist today and are highly sought by collectors.

Check out my Tiger 3 wheeler Webpage..my quest for a TIGER MUSEUM started 2004 http://sites.google.com/site/tigerrotax/home

Rides: TIGER Factory line up, Tricky Dicks Cagiva 200, 4- Franks 3 and 4 Wheelers

StangLX302 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    No, I was trying to upgrade from a 22mm to a 24mm. I have it all straight now and the 24mm is on there.
    Last edited by StangLX302; 02-07-2005 at 11:28 PM.
    1981 Honda ATC 185s
    -DG Exhaust
    -200x Carb
    -Uni Filter
    -Air filter box removed
    -10T Front Sprocket
    -Plastic fuel tank
    -Aftermarket seat
    -200s front forks/shocks
    -Aftermarket 4 bolt rear wheels
    -Tire chains when ice riding

1988 Ford Mustang LX 5.0L
    -Wayyyy too much to list!!!

--
    I see... You should of clarified that in the post.

--
    i bet he would not have won them, ive been looking for them for some time(like a headlight shell)and i would have paid $200 for them, so if you read this and have nos ones, pm me and you will have $$
    1985 With "86" Plastic's,Custom 12" Alluminum Extended Swing Arm,39MM PWK,"TRX" Filter,9 Paddle TALLER HALLER'S on 11" Wide Rim's,LOT'S of Stainless,LOT'S of Alluminum,LOT'S of PowderCoating,NOTHING Stock..

FASTEST Tri-Z on The Planet...MAKE A NOTE !! and the SECOND FASTEST, WRITE IT DOWN AGAIN!!!

250SX is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    No argument there. No way would I have paid $200 for a set of tri-z shrouds. He wasn't gonna throw in the resleeved '86-7 T3 cylinder, new OEM '86 T3 fender, and the YTZ shrouds until I threw him an extra yard.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //