//ArrowChat Code
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Perfect YTM DX Somebody must rescue

Quickonstep is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    one thing i noticed, and im not 110% sure on.. but i dont think thats the original dash.. it has the reverse label with the hole for the lamp.. i thought the dx's didnt have reverse (well i know) therefor would have a different dash.. could be me..

A couple other things dont addup.. the motor looks like it has sat outside while the plastics are nice and shiney..

im willing to bet that aint original plastic, and that they are painted.. err original finish on the plastic that is..

nice bike.. but somone buy my peice of junk and "save" it before it gets parted out lol..

Jesse

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 350x'inNY
    Man... someone must stand you and buy this one. It's awesome... I got 3 spare motors here.... someone save it!!!!!!

Heck.... it makes edog's look like this in comparision!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=43981

Bruce
    That is funny.
    1985 YAMAHA TRI-Z 250 sold

2006 YFZ 450

edog is offline I'm like an Original Gangsta...but a post whore instead. The day begins with 3WW
    --
    That is absurd,i would just walk up slowly to the machine and say "go ahead punk make my day"LOL,Run for my money,lolDon't you ever forget there can only be one owner of the nicest tri moto with bla bla bla to grace bla this earth.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by edog
    That is absurd,i would just walk up slowly to the machine and say "go ahead punk make my day"LOL,Run for my money,lolDon't you ever forget there can only be one owner of the nicest tri moto with bla bla bla to grace bla this earth.

haHA, thanks edog, I needed a good laugh. You are right though, there can only be one owner. For now it is you, but never forget that when you are on top, Everyone sets their sights on you! And I am a cleaning my rifle as we speak. lol
    My collection of ATC's......
    1985 and 1986 350x
    1985 and 1986 and 1987 250sx
    1986 Tecate
    1985 ATC 70
    Blue 1983 ATC 70
    Yamaha 225dx "For Sale" PM me about it.
    Mojave 1987 needs work for sale

edog is offline I'm like an Original Gangsta...but a post whore instead. The day begins with 3WW
    --
    I am like the road runner,you will never catch me.LOL

--

Smile No reverse

Quote Originally Posted by Quickonstep
    one thing i noticed, and im not 110% sure on.. but i dont think thats the original dash.. it has the reverse label with the hole for the lamp.. i thought the dx's didnt have reverse (well i know) therefor would have a different dash.. could be me..

A couple other things dont addup.. the motor looks like it has sat outside while the plastics are nice and shiney..

im willing to bet that aint original plastic, and that they are painted.. err original finish on the plastic that is..

nice bike.. but somone buy my peice of junk and "save" it before it gets parted out lol..

Jesse
    That hole is for the hose that comes off the gas cap.

--
    lolDon't you ever forget there can only be one owner of the nicest tri moto with bla bla bla to grace bla this earth.

To be 100% honest. I have always thought the sky blue yamaha 225's looked very sissy (maybe a girl machine). I did own a 225DR it was black. They are great bikes. I think it is a matter of your opinion only, on it being the best 225 in the world. I don't see what makes it so special. Just looks like another run of the mill 225. From what I have seen mine was cleaner.
    I had the RIGHT to remain silent, I didn't have the ability!

--
    Ha ha ha,you incompitant fool.You will never match the cleanlyness of my machine.LOL

--
    Ha ha ha,you incompitant fool.You will never match the cleanlyness of my machine.LOL

That's truely ironic..... who's the fool who can't spell in his own slam? So who won it?
    '85 ATC350X - "Showgirl" '86 OEM plastics/Fork boots, Rear Axle/Rotor/Hubs, Hondaline Fender stabalizer/extender, Speedo/Tach, Tank cover.
    '86 ATC350X - 'Go-Go Girl'
    '82 ATC250R - 'California Girl' - Progressive springs F and R, Hondaline HL Guard, Fairing and Speedometer.
    '82 ATC250R -'Snow Bunny' Ice Racer, Very Clean, Hondaline Fairing, custom FT tire, will put in the 300R motor
    '70 US90 'Ol'Girl" - Aquarius Blue... all original seat and tires. Resto project in the future
    '85 ATC250ES-'Workin' Girl' CMP Footguard, Hondaline Mudflaps, Speedo, HL Lens, Block Heater, Work Light, Foot Peg Covers and Cooler Rack
    '85 ATC70 - All Original

'84 Yamaha 225DX - Durablue +3" axle, DR motor, New Plastics, Foot, Hand and HL Guards.
    '85 Yamahauler - Gun Rack & 'Nerf Bars'
    '85 Yamahauler - Nearly together and restored
    '83 Suzuki ALT125 - Pieces
    '89 Suzuki LT-4WD - Token Golf Cart

--
    now, now, I think edog has shown a great sence of humor throughout all of the ribbing done. Bravo, edog. You are certainly a better man than I. Now, seeing as he has joined in the fun and even poked fun at himself, he has truly shown that he can take it and its not that funny anymore. Serious, thats pretty cool, and worthy of a gentelmanly cease and desist, if you ask me.

Back to topic, that thing got wayyyy too much IMO, who knows what is wrong with it. I figuree $400 tops, but hey, thats the e-gay for ya. Hope it gets revived.
    Haspin veteran '02, '03, '04, '05

"Hey is your dash-cam on? Are we gonna be on C.O.P.S?"

RECOVERING Trikeaholic

--
    Yes I agree, that was too much for a bike that I have not seen in person. I have found that people on ebay are good at making something look waaaaay better in the picture than what reality is. I got a motor I could put in it, but I have not seen them bring much in price even when running. Heck I have a running one I would sell for that money. lol

I have enjoyed edog's responses on here and he is a super sport about it. I am serious when I say he has the nicest yamaha atc that I know of. It looks fantastic and I would be proud to own it.

Thanks for the fun edog!
    My collection of ATC's......
    1985 and 1986 350x
    1985 and 1986 and 1987 250sx
    1986 Tecate
    1985 ATC 70
    Blue 1983 ATC 70
    Yamaha 225dx "For Sale" PM me about it.
    Mojave 1987 needs work for sale

--
    No prob,glad to be of assistance.It is a nice machine.Not as nice as mine tho.LOL

--
    Keep the faith there edog! So edog, were you '585joshua' on ebay then? (or joshua585)

Oh... and what happened to your post count?

Bruce
    '85 ATC350X - "Showgirl" '86 OEM plastics/Fork boots, Rear Axle/Rotor/Hubs, Hondaline Fender stabalizer/extender, Speedo/Tach, Tank cover.
    '86 ATC350X - 'Go-Go Girl'
    '82 ATC250R - 'California Girl' - Progressive springs F and R, Hondaline HL Guard, Fairing and Speedometer.
    '82 ATC250R -'Snow Bunny' Ice Racer, Very Clean, Hondaline Fairing, custom FT tire, will put in the 300R motor
    '70 US90 'Ol'Girl" - Aquarius Blue... all original seat and tires. Resto project in the future
    '85 ATC250ES-'Workin' Girl' CMP Footguard, Hondaline Mudflaps, Speedo, HL Lens, Block Heater, Work Light, Foot Peg Covers and Cooler Rack
    '85 ATC70 - All Original

'84 Yamaha 225DX - Durablue +3" axle, DR motor, New Plastics, Foot, Hand and HL Guards.
    '85 Yamahauler - Gun Rack & 'Nerf Bars'
    '85 Yamahauler - Nearly together and restored
    '83 Suzuki ALT125 - Pieces
    '89 Suzuki LT-4WD - Token Golf Cart

--
    I don't know,but it's not a big deal to me.It's just a numder.Why must we be labeled.I think that they should take the post count away.

--

$640 That Is Crazy

No way that thing is worth that kind of coin! Some clean parts but the motor is th bigest cash item! If he would have parted it he wouldn't have gotten that!

Current Bikes
    86-250R Pict. Perfect, 83-225DX Yellow Like New, 84-225DX Yellow Really Nice, 84-225DX Yellow OK, 84-225DX Blue Good, 85 225DX In Parts-And may stay that way, 85 Honda 70, 86-Tecate Project
    Looking for reasonable Big RED

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //